Sign in to follow this  

What would this 2005 wr450 be worth?

Alright so, I was browsing kijiji and I came across this add that I think looks alright. It's a street legal 05 wr450. My problem is the guy is asking 4000 for it, and I really don't feel the bike is worth that much considering it's almost 10 years old. What do you guys think? Also there are pictures in the ad. Also, bikes are pretty easy to get street legal around here.

The ad: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-dirt-bikes-motocross/saint-john/2005-yamaha-wr-450/594381960?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

4000 is way to high. It's an '05 steel frame bike. I'd offer up 2800-3000 and that's it.

yeah, like 90% of the ads i see on kijiji are through the roof in price. Hopefully he's reasonable. 

Prices are high in NB. They're not through the roof because they're actually getting them. I got $2500 for a (very, very clean but still) 2001 KX125. 

Prices are high in NB. They're not through the roof because they're actually getting them. I got $2500 for a (very, very clean but still) 2001 KX125. 

God, some people might just be desperate? wait, was yours a 2 or 4 stroke? If it was a 2 stroke then its kinda understandable, cause they don't make the 125s anymore, meanwhile the wr450 is still in production

Alright so, I was browsing kijiji and I came across this add that I think looks alright. It's a street legal 05 wr450. My problem is the guy is asking 4000 for it, and I really don't feel the bike is worth that much considering it's almost 10 years old. What do you guys think? Also there are pictures in the ad. Also, bikes are pretty easy to get street legal around here.

The ad: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-dirt-bikes-motocross/saint-john/2005-yamaha-wr-450/594381960?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Sold my '06 2 years ago for $2700. Good shape, but ridden, a few extras. I think prices are local or regional, and US to Canada I would expect a difference.

Mike

Sold my '06 2 years ago for $2700. Good shape, but ridden, a few extras. I think prices are local or regional, and US to Canada I would expect a difference.

Mike

Yeah, makes sense. Hopefully I can get him down some :p

• Like 1

I traded my 04' in for $2800 in 06'. Could have got a little more outright, but it wasn't worth $4000 back then. As previously stated, the steel frame really hurts the value of that bike. Those models feel big and bulky in my opinion. You should be able to get the slimmer aluminium frame for what he's asking.

Edited by xcbuckeyeguy

I traded my 04' in for $2800 in 06'. Could have got a little more outright, but it wasn't worth $4000 back then. As previously stated, the steel frame really hurts the value of that bike. Those models feel big and bulky in my opinion. You should be able to get the slimmer aluminium frame for what he's asking.

Yeah, I'll try and use that as an argument when I go see him to lower the price. Thanks  :thumbsup:

im in Ontario, Canada.

bought my street legal title 02 wr250f for $1700.. sold it for $2200.

you shouldnt pay more than $2900 - 3200 for it.

I picked up my 05 drz400s w/ 5600 kms off the first owner for $2500.. I offered and he sold it right away. (wish I offered less).. the WR Is a really nice bike. just dont over pay

im in Ontario, Canada.

bought my street legal title 02 wr250f for $1700.. sold it for $2200.

you shouldnt pay more than $2900 - 3200 for it.

I picked up my 05 drz400s w/ 5600 kms off the first owner for $2500.. I offered and he sold it right away. (wish I offered less).. the WR Is a really nice bike. just dont over pay

Yeah, I'm really not ready to pay 4k for what is there, maybe if it were upgraded to shit, but its not