Sign in to follow this  

California Lil' Stonyford, June 1, 9:00 am

I'll park just beyond the campground at the Love Lady staging area with the pit toilet.  Save the $5 and avoid a tree falling on my truck.  ( ;)  it happens)

Pack your lunch cuz we's gonna eat out on the trail.  Intermediate ride, 60+ miles.  An all day kinda thing.   :thumbsup:

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/california_03033/ride_1957.htm

Edited by superslyko

Stonyford, June? Why? It's Sierra time!

Steven wants to open her up.  Chalk Bluff was a turny maze @ 5 mph.  Can't blame him.  There were also only mild hills up there,  I'll start him off on Love Lady......................... that's a hill!

Who am I?  :D

Edited by superslyko

Stonyford, June? Why? It's Sierra time!

Yea, you said "next year I will be faster" on our Downieville loop... Lets go! . and no Mexican food this time. That place was marginal. 

• Like 1

You would be stupid to stage at Little Stony and ride up Lovelady, it's just a road.....and it is a road for many miles beyond that.....

Stage at Wolf Creek like we have done in the past and go from there, if a $5 camping fee is going to ruin your ride, maybe you need to find another hobby, one that will not require others to ride your bike up technical stuff, loan you gas, wrench on your bike, hold your hand, pay $5 to park in a campsite for a day.......

• Like 1

Yea, you said "next year I will be faster" on our Downieville loop... Lets go! . and no Mexican food this time. That place was marginal.

Gotta hit the Grubstake for a steak orgy after a Downieville ride, ask Ossi....after-ride cocktails at the St. Charles during Clampers weekend in Downieville, some fun sh*t.....

• Like 2

Damn,

Everyone's a critic.  Sure the hill on Love Lady is a big wide road going up, but it's a HILL.  A huge hill!  I found it on my map. If you think it's an easy mess, just try it in 3rd gear going WOT!  It'll kick your @ss.  The rocks later on?  Hit those at speed if you think it's easy!   :lol:   The ride from Wolf Creek is boring.   Trail 28 from Wolf Creek is the only fun stuff............ & that's going to Lil' Stony.

Doo, dee. doo.  I'm riding a motorcycle.................. :D  Everybody look at me!

Love Lady leads to 25, 22, 29.  We'll hit 15 & 4 etc.  Some fun stuff!!!!!!

If you come, you can lead............... it's what you want if I'm not mistaken................. You're in charge of the Downieville on Clampers Weekend too.  :thumbsup:  Somehow you hanging with the Clampers is not a stretch.  20080708015802!Ecv1.56.jpg

DOWNIEVILLE CLASSIC MOUNTAIN BIKE RACE and FESTIVAL JULY 31st - AUGUST 3rd, 2014 is going to be packed! http://www.downievilleclassic.com/  Let's avoid Downieville then.

There will be pictures taken.  There will be awards.  I will be steaming.  Thank God there's no real cliffs to go off.  There is a great Mexican Dive in Williams. :blah:

The best of the best of the best...................................... I will be there. :busted:  

Edited by superslyko

superslyko is in charge now, sorry them's the facts. You need to join in with the slyko  :cheers:  :banana:  :usa:

If you come, you can lead............... it's what you want if I'm not mistaken................. You're in charge of the Downieville on Clampers Weekend too.  :thumbsup:  Somehow you hanging with the Clampers is not a stretch.  

DOWNIEVILLE CLASSIC MOUNTAIN BIKE RACE and FESTIVAL JULY 31st - AUGUST 3rd, 2014 is going to be packed! http://www.downievilleclassic.com/  Let's avoid Downieville then.

There will be pictures taken.  There will be awards.  I will be steaming.  Thank God there's no real cliffs to go off.  There is a great Mexican Dive in Williams. :blah:

The best of the best of the best...................................... I will be there. :busted:  

What the heck!?!? I watched that whole downieville video and there wasn't a single Braaaaap!

Edited by cosmoKenney
  • Like 1

superslyko is in charge now, sorry them's the facts. You need to join in with the slyko  :cheers:  :banana:  :usa:

I'd rather ride all day instead of pulling out a map every 5 minutes to see what fire road we are on.....
  • Like 1

That's why you need to come! Give us the grand tour!

Might be a good day for me to bring my Trail 90......
  • Like 1

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  Now that's what I'm talking about..........................................................  Some real commitment!   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Oh, breakfast at Granzella's Restaurant & Deli, we'll pick up sanwiches too,  a whole day of the Stonyford moonscapes, dinner at the Mexican Dive in Maxwell.  All the abuse I'm gonna hafta take,  I can't wait!!!!!  ;)

Edited by superslyko
  • Like 1

This will be dirt only? And are we in and out from the truck to refill or are we gone for 60+miles?

It's dirt only.  My son & I both have 2-strokes = no plate.  No Red sticker restrictions.  Last time there I ran outta gas at 58 miles.  Don't plan on hitting the trucks 1/2 thru.  We'll lunch at the top of the mountain with quite a view.  :jawdrop:

Intermediate ride.  I don't push it anymore.  I do like it tough.  We will have lunch, no more riding on E.  I'm slow but good.  :thumbsup:

Ossi, that looks like a parking lot.  :naughty:

Edited by superslyko