Sign in to follow this  

97 kdx 200 starts and runs then the fuel cuts out. Help.

I just got the bike it was a storage unit find. Cleaned the dirt out if the carb and cleaned entire carb. Took off bowl and took throttle out. Any ideas? I have a full tank.

I just got the bike it was a storage unit find. Cleaned the dirt out if the carb and cleaned entire carb. Took off bowl and took throttle out. Any ideas? I have a full tank.

What do you mean storage unit find?  You got it for free?

Anyways, if it's been sitting for awhile........ you should use new gas.  Also put in a new spark plug.

A thorough jet cleaning may be in order. Float check too.

Or your flux capacitor. Did you try PUSHING it up to 88?

It is idling right now, but when I ride around it goes fine and then just looses fuel. It has new fuel in it.

It is idling right now, but when I ride around it goes fine and then just looses fuel. It has new fuel in it.

You mean it shuts down when you're more then half throttle?  That could be a sign of a main jet problem.

Make sure the screen for the petcock is not pluged. Take off the fuel line and turn petcock on to varify good fuel flow to the carb.

• Like 1

My guess is  the float  needs to be adjusted.

PS. Never listen to Honda_Power. He doesn't even own a bike and has poo between his ears.  True story.

• Like 2

Problem solved. I cleaned the carb and found dirt between the fuel I take and the needle. Also found some gunk in the tank. Took apart everything and cleaned it. New fuel line and it runs like a top.

• Like 3

That's me in my avatar : )

Ohhhh....... I see.  Says you're from the land down under?  Gotta say, chicks with an Aussie accent are the sexxiest!

Anyways, back on topic.  I still want to know what the original poster mean when he said the bike was a storage unit find.  Does that mean he broke in the storage and stole it?  Hahahaha.

How about a pic of you?  Assuming you're a girl........ :)

GayLikesCock.jpg

Edited by boomman
  • Like 1

Ohhhh....... I see.  Says you're from the land down under?  Gotta say, chicks with an Aussie accent are the sexxiest!

Anyways, back on topic.  I still want to know what the original poster mean when he said the bike was a storage unit find.  Does that mean he broke in the storage and stole it?  Hahahaha.

You are really that dumb...holy crap, I thought it was an act.  guess not.

A thorough jet cleaning may be in order. Float check too.

Or your flux capacitor. Did you try PUSHING it up to 88?

The motor has to be running in order for the flux capacitor to operate. duhh.

• Like 1