FCR39mx install. NEED ADVICE all tips, parts needed, etc..

Well i posted about this a while back and am going through with it..   The guy that actually sold me my DRZ said he would teach me the process of working / installing it at no charge (awesome guy).  I just want to make sure im prepared with all the parts, tips, mods and tricks for the install.  He said he has never installed this actual carb before so thats why I ask.. That said, he is a top notch mechanic, has his own shop / garage and I am more then confident with this skills. 

So I'm calling out to my Thumpertalk experts for a good thorough list of what I need (still need), what the process is like (if there is any special things to watch out for) and if possible a tutorial (if there is one).

The FCR kit came with my bike from the thumpertalk store, however i don't think i have all the parts needed for some reason.. This is what was in the box... A list of what else i still need and where i can get it would be awesome..  I want to be prepared as possible.  Thanks to Craigo I already have this info..

"Ok good.....Tell them to set it up like this for near sea level, open pipe and 3x3 mod..."

160 main jet

EMN needle, clipicon1.png 3

45 pilot jet

2 turns fuel screw

do the o ring mod with wire

remove piloticon1.png air jet

Sorry for being a rookie, but I love my bike, ripping off road and just want to learnnnnnn!!!

unnamed_zpsbccfa212.jpg

Did you get the instructions aswell ?

IMG-4.jpgIMG_0001-2.jpg

If you have ever worked on a single cylinder bike before , it isnt any different to any other bike . Take the mikuni out and put in the keihin , with a few tweeks of course .

My carb never had a sticker on it , it looks like a sudco carb , but I cannot magnify it , greg

Edited by hinksy

Its not that hard,   hardest thing for me about the install was getting the cables to snap back like they should,  that really takes a lot of small adjustment.

Beer and paitence will help you a lot   ?

? especially the beer part.........

• Like 2

That's not the TT store Fcr.Leave the pilot air jet installed....Try sudco or jetrus for the parts you require

Craigo this is the TT store FCR.. I have the receipt that indicates the KIT was bought from Thumpertalk.. Im just guessing when the bike and carb exchanged owners maybe some of the parts were missed in the transaction.. Thanks for the tips on the shops to get the parts.  Just to confirm, these carbs come with the jets already installed that you recommended to me?

Craigo this is the TT store FCR.. I have the receipt that indicates the KIT was bought from Thumpertalk.. Im just guessing when the bike and carb exchanged owners maybe some of the parts were missed in the transaction.. Thanks for the tips on the shops to get the parts.  Just to confirm, these carbs come with the jets already installed that you recommended to me?

You mite what to confirm with TT store....They don't usually have Sudco stickers on them...

I would be an idea to check what jets are installed and that they are fastened correctly...

You mite what to confirm with TT store....They don't usually have Sudco stickers on them...

I would be an idea to check what jets are installed and that they are fastened correctly...

the TT FCR you have been helping me dial in has the Sudco sticker on it! And i definetly bought it from the TT store. ? Maybe they changed suppliers?

the TT FCR you have been helping me dial in has the Sudco sticker on it! And i definetly bought it from the TT store. ? Maybe they changed suppliers?

Mine also came with a sudco sticker.

Mine is also from TT and has the sudco sticker on it. 

I haven't seen the Sudco carb supplied to the TT store......

I won't assume it's identical....One never assumes anything when it comes to carburation

Can someone from TT management confirm this carb is the same model as the previous TT carb?

It looks the same , run it without the paj....

I've tinkered with this a lot and ended up with jd kit red needle clip 3, 160 main jet, 42.5 pilot jet, paj in. This is for stock exhaust w/3x3 at about 1000 feet elevation. It think now that I've spent so time wrenching that if I went back to the keihin emn needle and removed the paj I would be successful. I've found thT you have to be spot on with with the entire install or you"ll have issues. Most likely next mod is exhaust so I'll test my theory of practice and go back to the tt setup.

I've tinkered with this a lot and ended up with jd kit red needle clip 3, 160 main jet, 42.5 pilot jet, paj in. This is for stock exhaust w/3x3 at about 1000 feet elevation. It think now that I've spent so time wrenching that if I went back to the keihin emn needle and removed the paj I would be successful. I've found thT you have to be spot on with with the entire install or you"ll have issues. Most likely next mod is exhaust so I'll test my theory of practice and go back to the tt setup.

With stock exhaust use

Blue Needle, clip 3,

155 main jet,

45 pilot jet

.Do o ring mod

PAJ removed

2 turns fuel screw