Sign in to follow this  

Thinking of selling or trading one of my DRZs?

Since I have 2 DRZs I was thinking of trading or selling my 05 and gettin a cruiser type like a harley Sportster Iron 883 or Kawi Vulcan 900 custom . What other bikes are you guys riding? Going to test ride the harley on Tuesday I've never ridden a cruiser just a sport bike and dualsports I'm curious as to how they feel. I might list in the classifieds if I get a chance.Thanks

Good luck if you do decide to sell,  i know if i could,  id get a FZ-09 in a heartbeat, power for days,  very comfortable and nothing but great reveiws. 

My Z1000 is a nice contrast to the DRZ

z1000_800x600.jpg

Edited by Joehio
  • Like 4

+1 on the Z1000, I miss mine.  I would like a second bike as well.  I liked my GSXR750 on the track, but it was royal pain to ride anywhere else (uncomfortable, hot, did NOT like going slow).  My ideal bike would be a KTM 990 SM-T, great do all bike with a fantastic motor.  Lots of money for those, though.  A Bandit 1200S or older FZ-1 would actually suit me well too.  Both are good all around bikes and very reasonable on the used market. The Bandit has the comfort edge, but the FZ-1 has the performance edge.  Could go either way...

Edited by lowercasee

My Z1000 is a nice contrast to the DRZ

z1000_800x600.jpg

Sweet lookin' ride....nice exhaust....actually, everything on it is awesome!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Since I have 2 DRZs I was thinking of trading or selling my 05 and gettin a cruiser type like a harley Sportster Iron 883 or Kawi Vulcan 900 custom . What other bikes are you guys riding? Going to test ride the harley on Tuesday I've never ridden a cruiser just a sport bike and dualsports I'm curious as to how they feel. I might list in the classifieds if I get a chance.Thanks

don't get a sportster if you want a cruiser, you might as well invest in a soft tail, you get better comfort and better resale over a sportster! But if I was going for a sport bike style I would get a 690 duke, cheap, torque, and looks kickass!!!!! If I had the spare scratch I would set the drz up for trails, and get a Ktm Duke, Aprilia Dorsoduro, or Mv Agusta Rivale! Maybe a HD Blackline!

Good luck if you do decide to sell,  i know if i could,  id get a FZ-09 in a heartbeat, power for days,  very comfortable and nothing but great reveiws. 

Reviews say great motor, total shit suspension. 

They are going to feel like you're trying to steer your couch around town.  You'll think them 'un rideable' compared to your Z.  But if you give them a chance, it IS nice to have really relaxed (Stable) steering sometimes. 

handles like a fat girl doing -anything- backwards for the first time in her life. 

• Like 1

Reviews say great motor, total shit suspension. 

did you read the reviews and believe them ? 

i've ridden it. the engine is in cred i ble. the suspension adequate. nothing at all is shit about the suspension, unless you happen to have $6000 worth of ohlins and a mate hired on to tune it for every condition, every 5 minutes ;-)

I have had a 1200 nightster which has the same frame as an Iron and a Streetglide and I now have a DRZ SM and a Versys. I'm currently selling the Versys and plan on buying a DRZ S and making an adventure bike and having two DRZ's. So, that's where i stand:)

Harleys are good bikes but an Iron is a barhopper. It isn't any more comfortable to me than a DRZ and not nearly as fun or nimble. I drug pipes or pegs every time I rode it and to me it isn't as safe for that reason. The Versys is a superb bike by the way, just a little boring for me and not as fun but it will move pretty well. If you want a cruiser and comfort look at a bigger Harley or similar.

Edited by CapnMorgan

might as well sell one and try something else .. nothing beats having a different bike for what mood youre in .. i have a ninja1000 and a M50 cruiser .. the ninja is just awesome for the open road or highway, not super comfortable but you enjoy every second of every ride its that good .. the M50 is like riding a lazyboy chair around and very comfortable, very nimble, perfect for commuting to work or around town .. not so great for the open road ...