Sign in to follow this  

2nd annual Los Ancianos Cruz Roja Charity Trailride June 14th

Last year's event was so much fun we decided to do it again. The new name is "Run for the Border Trailride". 50+ miles of singletrack and old Baja two tracks. These trails are rarely ridden so the only whoops you'll find are the ones the riders in front of you made. I rode about 35 miles of the course a few days ago and it was great fun, challenging, tight & twisty, some fast stuff, a couple of good hills and a ton of good times :-)

When you are done riding, ice cold cervezas and a full Mexican beef barbacoa ( pit BBQ) meal all for just $80. All profits go to the Tecate Red Cross and the Jacume school. See our website for details and pictures from last year. See the smiles on the kids' faces as they see the supplies and equipment (Popsicles too) that you helped buy for the school.

For more details go to www.losancianos.com

You can sign up via Paypal, send a check, or pay when you show up. We appreciate knowing if you are coming so we can have enough food and drinks.

Ready for some single track? We will be marking the trails Thursday and Friday and ready to ride on Saturday.

I hope you can join us for a great ride, some great food and an opportunity to give a little back to Baja. The local Cruz Roja and the school kids at Jacume deserve some help and you can be a part of that effort.

See ya' Saturday

Nice job Ray & LAMC, all of our crew had loads of fun!! And for great donation support causes. win win!

Edited by robertaccio

Nice job Ray & LAMC, all of our crew had loads of fun!! And for great donation support causes. win win!

Thanks to all the riders who joined the Los Ancianos for this ride and for helping the Tecate Red Cross and the Jacume School.

The key players for the Los Ancianos in this ride were Frank Cook, Paul Eddy and Kenny Martin. If you see them around tell them "great job on those trails!"... and those folks serving up that delicious barbacoa? That was the Santana family, owners of the ranch and our hosts. They put a lot of effort into making this a great event.

Be sure to tell all your riding buddies to watch out for next year's "Run for the Border" Charity Trailride.

• Like 1

what ever the cost it should be worth it, especially if it will be like the last 2010 enduro!!

I agree! Have some friends that want to go, but are afraid of baja 1000 pricing. I know that's not the case, but trying to figure out our total budget coming from Washington. Booked our rooms today

• Like 1