jetting

I know absolutely nothing about jetting outside of youtube videos and need some help. I have searched through a lot of jetting threads but cant find one for my setup and elevation.

I have a 2006 S with the stock mikuni carb and am going to just do the 3x3 mod and full yoshi rs-2 exhaust and will be using the jd jet kit and thumpertalk extended fuel screw.

So does anyone know what jetting I would need at 1500 foot elevation? thanks

oh and a twin-air air filter if that matters.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I have a question. I got everything done and back on and went for a ride. I really didn't notice anything different in terms of performance. I wasn't expecting a whole new bike but am feeling no difference from before. Also the pipe has what I think is too much popping at decel. I expected some but it sounds like a war zone back there when I let off the throttle. I looked around and read to back the fuel screw out more to fix the popping and that did nothing. Any advice?

And do you put any kind of gasket maker or sealant in where the header joins the mid pipe to keep oxygen out or just slide it in?

The Jet Kit install with the stock carb is more about getting the jetting correct than giving big gains in performance...

Though you should notice some improvement...I am very surprised at your comments and haven't got a solid answer as to why you don't feel any difference...

Fine tune your fuel screw /pilot circuit with this procedure...http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=327405

sealant is not usually required for the mid pipe join, it just should be a sung fit...

I put the fuel screw in to where the idle dropped and then it smoothed out 1.5 turns out from there so I should be fine with my pilot jet. I rode again and noticed a difference in throttle response. I must have just not been paying attention to that last time.

Does your DRZ pop on deceleration? I find mixed views on whether it's normal or not.

I put the fuel screw in to where the idle dropped and then it smoothed out 1.5 turns out from there so I should be fine with my pilot jet. I rode again and noticed a difference in throttle response. I must have just not been paying attention to that last time.

Does your DRZ pop on deceleration? I find mixed views on whether it's normal or not.

Some popping on decel is normal when the pilot circuit is tuned correctly

Did you remove quiet insert from the RS2? I believe it comes from the factory with it installed. It will affect the jetting.