Sign in to follow this  

XR 400 headlight question

Hi everyone. i just picked up this 2000 xr 400 2 days ago and was wondering if anyone can spot what i am missing in these pictures? i see the bulbs missing and the socket but is that it? can i get any aftermarket stuff that works better?  this may sound completely stupid but is there also meant to be a on/off switch for the headlight or is it all hardwired in. thanks in advance  DSC01115.JPG  DSC01117.JPG

The bulb and socket are all that you're missing. There is no switch, its always on whenever the engine is running

Honda makes a glass lens that accepts H3 bulbs. Its a great upgrade over the stock plastic lens.

http://www.apachemotorcycles.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=4319298&category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2000&fveh=190

thanks alot for that appreciate it!

Actually, the connector of the green wire and black wire with green band on it is wrong. That connector has been replaced. It should be a Y. Stock, it is a double bullet connector. It gets the black wire with green band of the kill switch and the green wire from the headlight. The blue wire from the headlight will connect to the blue wire of the harness.

As it is, you have no way of connecting the green wire from the headlight to the harness. Take a look at the wiring diagram in the shop manual.

• Like 1

Actually, the connector of the green wire and black wire with green band on it is wrong. That connector has been replaced. It should be a Y. Stock, it is a double bullet connector. It gets the black wire with green band of the kill switch and the green wire from the headlight. The blue wire from the headlight will connect to the blue wire of the harness.

As it is, you have no way of connecting the green wire from the headlight to the harness. Take a look at the wiring diagram in the shop manual.

ok thanks, as i have a closer inspection i see that this 1 here is a double bullet connector so i take it im ok  :rolleyes: 

DSC01117.JPG