Metal broke by cam chain guide

Putting in new top end and cam chain. Took off flywheel and noticed a piece of aluminum was missing by front cam chain guide. You can see by the pics that the piece is whole. Not sure when it broke off. Dont see any damage. The cam chain guide still seats properly and does not move around. Should I be worried bout this?

1400948750710.jpg

1400948773496.jpg

1400948795366.jpg

1400948818475.jpg

1400948871055.jpg

1400948888755.jpg

Putting in new top end and cam chain. Took off flywheel and noticed a piece of aluminum was missing by front cam chain guide. You can see by the pics that the piece is whole. Not sure when it broke off. Dont see any damage. The cam chain guide still seats properly and does not move around. Should I be worried bout this?

I've never dealt with 4t black magic. But I know that the cases aren't hard to break on the thin bits like you've got there.

Could have happened when you broke the chain or dropped it possibly.

I don't know how to fix it. Sorry.

Its a cam chain replacement battle scar, but itll be fine. I wouldnt try reattachment. If the fix doesnt hold it can turn your motor into a paperweight.

Yea my old chain had kink in it. So guessing that had something to do with it. Wasnt going to try to fix it. Hope all will be ok. Thank yall

You're fine it won't effect anything with the new chain. I would put a manual tensioner on it if it doesn't already have one. ?

Alrite. Thanks

I wouldn't even think about the repair, unless you're going to take it apart and TIG. Otherwise, I think it will be fine without the repair.

Sure as hek aint doin that

I would be more worried about how it happened

Again..I think either happened when chain got kinked during rebuild or happen at some point during rebuild. The piece was still intact so cant see that it happened before.