Sign in to follow this  

10 sxf450 dont want to start after a crash- ideas any one?

I finally got my broke in half bike back together , thanks to all who offered up parts and suggestions.

I'm at the point now that it cranks over but is not firing at all, its not making any odd noises its got fresh fuel, new oil, start and kill buttons, triple clamps and wheels pipe and throttle cables . I quit on it last night at 10 pm but I spent time thinking about if it ran fine until it hit the tree then why wont it jump to life now? so I'm fishing for ideas worthy of consideration.

faulty kill button?

weak battery- not enough cranking speed?

it just so happens to need a valve adjustment?

I have new fuel in it that flow's when I lean the bike over

for now I plan to pull the spark plug and check for a hot blue spark and see if its wet, the battery is being charged maybe even try disconnecting the kill button line, drain the float bowl.

that's about it for my night of thinking but if anyone has a good idea I'm interested to hear it-and no I cant bump start it as I don't have tires on it yet and it sat since feb- fire away

I finally got my broke in half bike back together , thanks to all who offered up parts and suggestions.

I'm at the point now that it cranks over but is not firing at all, its not making any odd noises its got fresh fuel, new oil, start and kill buttons, triple clamps and wheels pipe and throttle cables . I quit on it last night at 10 pm but I spent time thinking about if it ran fine until it hit the tree then why wont it jump to life now? so I'm fishing for ideas worthy of consideration.

faulty kill button?

weak battery- not enough cranking speed?

it just so happens to need a valve adjustment?

I have new fuel in it that flow's when I lean the bike over

for now I plan to pull the spark plug and check for a hot blue spark and see if its wet, the battery is being charged maybe even try disconnecting the kill button line, drain the float bowl.

that's about it for my night of thinking but if anyone has a good idea I'm interested to hear it-and no I cant bump start it as I don't have tires on it yet and it sat since feb- fire away

4th line from bottom ^

2nd battery and jumper cables and she flashed right up quick - cool bike for 400 bucks to buy it and 500 worth of parts the waiting for parts was the hardest part. now just a set of tires and I'll be giving it a real test.

• Like 1