Sign in to follow this  

Idle screw has no effect

Having carb problems with my sons 03 cr125 ( mikuni junk ) Got a used Keihin PJ from a 96' model cleaned with a 52 pilot 170 main and 1369MS needle ( stock ) i installed it and started right up . I adjust the idle to keep it running to set the air screw but the idle screw has no effect . (Twist the choke knob type ). Pulled it apart again re-cleaned everything again especially the choke and pilot circuits still the knob raises and lowers as it should but still won't idle. Anyone familiar with this problem ? Thanks in advance . 

Having carb problems with my sons 03 cr125 ( mikuni junk ) Got a used Keihin PJ from a 96' model cleaned with a 52 pilot 170 main and 1369MS needle ( stock ) i installed it and started right up . I adjust the idle to keep it running to set the air screw but the idle screw has no effect . (Twist the choke knob type ). Pulled it apart again re-cleaned everything again especially the choke and pilot circuits still the knob raises and lowers as it should but still won't idle. Anyone familiar with this problem ? Thanks in advance .

You not alone. http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/710467-settingadjusting-idle-on-98-rm125/