Sign in to follow this  

Longest lasting rear tire.

What do you guys think the longest lasting rear tire is? I ride all terrain. Rocks, deep mud, and the start on my track is concrete. I have a 756 on now and it didnt last at all.

A long-wearing tire isn't going to grip well in the conditions you describe. They are typically made for desert conditions- sand and gravel... and the rubber is as hard as a rock. 

My favorite year-rounders are the D952 rear and MX51 front. They don't last forever but they are grippy, predictable and inexpensive.

The D756 was legendary for wearing out quick. The ones I recommended last about 3 times as long and grip about the same. The Pirelli S12 is a solid choice as well.

• Like 2

I've had great luck with MX51's. Solid tire. Trying out a set of AT81's right now. So far 3 rides in on the back of a 450 It's doing pretty well.

Wrap a pie around that wheel.

Serious, artraxs last a while

I bought the new artracks for my 250 if i don't buy a stator soon they will last a long time.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I have ran the Bridgestone m59 front and 404 rear combo then the s-12 didn't like, then the Dunlop mx51 and 51f front and rear. I've been on the new dunlop at-81 now and absolutely love it. Corners better than the mx51 and the front lasts much longer than the Bridgestone m-59. They are hard to mount if you mount your own tires but they work great on rocks, roots, sand, mud, and hard pack. I have 12 or 13 rides on the set I have now. Minimum of 2 hours each time and 4 races and they both still have the groves in the knobs.

The 606 is not the greatest tyre , but the wear factor is Very Good .

Very true, but I can personally vouch for its reasonable performance in the OPs conditions.

Tested on adelaide river rocks, kamfari mud and NT Gov bitumen.

lol. 

• Like 1