Sign in to follow this  

Potential 2002 250SX Owner

I found an 02 250SX for 1800 which I might be able to get cheaper. I am looking for a 2 smoke to mess around on and ride when I don't feel like riding the 450. I mainly ride MX, but ride woods a couple times a season. It has a new top end and tires. I was wondering if anyone has ever had this bike and/or ridden it and has any input on whether or not this is a good bike to pick up. Is there anything to look for when checking the bike out? Also are 2002/2003 parts like the seat and gas tank interchangeable? I have never owned a KTM before and any information on this model and year would be a tremendous help. Thanks a lot!

Edited by zuke147
  • Like 1

The 02 is a super machine. Alot of people say jap bikes beat the ktm , that was 12 years ago. At that time ktms interest in US motocross was lacadaisical at best. But , if it is in great condition ,that is a lil steep , but i think its an average asking price. The bad thing about ktms from that era is the magazine shootouts. Alot of people base their knowledge upon the mags. Go check it out , throw a leg over it and ride it . If you do, i bet youll take it home. I own an 02 250sx , everyone who has riden it loves it . I know a diehard yz250 owner and great rider who confessed to want to have sex with it after he rode it. Do your research , read everything you can find on it . Always be an educated buyer .

Edited by ohiocoalminer