Sign in to follow this  

Saving a 1987 TT350

I picked up a 1987 TT350 on a trade deal and I'm wondering if I should rebuild it or part it.  Although it needs a long list of repairs, it does run and is ride-able.  I'm estimating it will take about $300.00 or so to get it back to a reliable machine.  What are these things worth?  Is this a worth while model or just a problem child?

photo-1.jpg

Edited by 09kx250fNC

Riding buddy of mine owned one back in the day, and I rode with the guy a lot.

Solid bike with no strange quirks that I know of.

If you need a good dirt bike and it would take a mere $300 to make it good, it's a no-brainer.

As for what it's worth, no more than any other dirt bike from the mid-1980s.

In my opinion, I would not pay more than $500 for one in average (semi-beat-up) condition, and not more than $1,000 for one in excellent condition.

Edited by YZEtc

Those are awesome trail bikes, good torque and pulls strong when they are dialed in, I've always wanted one.

I put it up on CL so we'll see if there is any interest.  If not, I'm really digging the look of the one in the last picture.  Maybe a rebuild/restoration will be in order.TT2-Copy.jpg

TT3-Copy.jpg

TT4.jpg

TT1-Copy.jpg

TT5.jpg

Fix it!! You will be the only tt350 on a ride!   great bike to have as a spare bike. I see you have a kaw too to ride.  

I have a TT 600 as my 2nd bike. My main bike is a wr 400f.  Ride the TT it woods sometime and always bring the Wr too!!

All my riding buds have 2-3 bikes to ride. Have Fun.