Sign in to follow this  

Honda Crf 450 -03 Dosent start ?

Hello there.

I live in Sweden and I just bought a Honda crf 450 -03, It was runing great until I was going out in the forest-- Low Rpm and low gear and it easily died and realy dident have the power to run there, I really needed to go hard on the clutch. I took a look on the camchain and everything was okej, I was driving it for about another day, when it suddenly died and dident want to start more. So I took a look at the sparkplug and it was bright blue and good. But still it dident want to start. The valves looked decent when I measured them

When Im trying to kick start the bike it dosent feel that hard like it used to a little easier to kick like no compreassion. I tried with Start gas but it dident even do nothing.  So I took another look at the spark  I saw the spark was coming and going but I shaked around the cabels and fixed it up tight, and it was steady, spark everytime I kicked. I also checked the stator and was on 18.99Ohm when I meassured with my muiltimeter it is supose to between 9-25. But still no look nothing with startgas or fuel. What do you think is the problem. it makes me frusterated beacuse I cant seem to find the problem. Oh yeah its rebuilt so it haves light and stuff atm. Please help and thanks for answering.

1 Camchain -ok

2 Stator what I belive is ok

3 It doesnt even do nothing with startgas

4 To easy to kick

I have no clue what to do. 

Flux capacitor.

Tow to 88MPH.

This will not be my last time travel reference.

I wonder what your auto decompression is doing.

I also wonder about your spark problem you had.

Top end is also possible.

Ive also seen similar problems, don't just look for one problem, there could be a few, also have a look at how much oil is on the air filter, it does sound like a top end problem.

Clean the carb

If you have a strong spark and good compression .. It must be fuel related

True. Re-reading the op...he didnt check the carb. Always a good place to iron out first.

Flux capacitor.

Tow to 88MPH.

This will not be my last time travel reference.

I wonder what your auto decompression is doing.

I also wonder about your spark problem you had.

Top end is also possible.

The miniature flux capacitors that come on these dirt bikes simply are not very effective. I have seen people on Honda's hit the capacitorband and return seconds later missing limbs and having disarranged body parts. This is due to the pre 07 Honda four strokes having a grossly under powered flux capacitor. I recommend upgrading to the Fluxicon Gold edition capacitor with the purple extra strength powerbands. This version is turbocharged and equipped with an intercooler. My KTM has a flux capacitor straight off a DeLorean. It runs strictly on Flubber.

I need a girlfriend.....

• Like 1

Clean the carb

If you have a strong spark and good compression .. It must be fuel related

Yes, The Carb have been cleaned out 2 times once by me and once by a workshop. Well I went out today again to check the spark and it still was a pretty good spark but I had a guy come over and help me to measure the stator. And the stator only showed me 7 Ohm right now. and its suppose to be between 9-25. The question is why do I have a pretty good spark if it indicates the stator is broke/bad?   

And it dosen't do anything on start gas / break cleaner. So what could it be?

whoa wait.. "starting gas" is the same as brake clean?!?!? 

whoa wait.. "starting gas" is the same as brake clean?!?!? 

Brake parts cleaner should never be used as a starting fluid. Brake cleaner is a solvent and will knock the oil off of the walls of the combustion chamber, making it a dry start. It will work, just not a good idea. Ether is safer. 

• Like 1

I had to push start it when it was cold and then it wouldn't start at all. In fact it backfired before it died and wouldn't start back up

Re check your stator again

Is the plug getting wet with gas?

Is there a rag in the airbox? 

What do you mean with a rag in the airbox?

I had to push start it when it was cold and then it wouldn't start at all. In fact it backfired before it died and wouldn't start back up

everytime mine died on low Rpm it backfired

Okej this is it. I started to clean the carrbourator until it was nice and clean. I took out the Stator and meassuread it on 200ohm and I got out 8.0 Its a bit low, like I said it should be between 9-25, I changed the oil and fixed everything up nice, I had a good spark and I was really &%$#@!ing sure it would start this time. The only change this time was that it did sometimes some quik cough cough and then I could kick for a good time then it could go cough cough....... nothing happend when I tried to push start it, I did not give it gas or choke, after a while I started to give up so I stod and gave it alot of gas and chock and it only flooded. Beffore it was so easy to start that bike  2-3 kicks, Any ideas?