Sign in to follow this  

Gy 200

I'm posting for my little cousin that recently purchased....09 gy 200....issues .... Stiff front suspension... Chain falls off ....any suggestions on what to look for ? I haven't seen it in person yet...we are planning a little ride next weekend ...hoping to help him get it trail reliable before then...any help would be appreciated

sorry I might be too late with a suggestion.

stiff front ends can be too strong of a spring, but not likely, more so its too much fork oil was added, take out 10 to 20 cc from each leg might help.  If the front end was worked on before, then someone put it back together wrong, is another possibility.   I would go with less oil, and or lighter weight oil, like 15 wt, or 10 wt. use only FORK OIL.  

The chain:  they fall off if not adjusted properly, as in too loose.  The chain might be worn out too.   OR a chain guide is missing.   Buy a new chain, oil it well, adjust it right and your set.  Try to not let your chain look dry at any time.  IF it shines it is dry.  I use WD40 first to penetrate, then a chain spray, then on top of that some axle grease rubbed into the rollers.  Worst case, use 30 weight oil, or thicker, like even gear oil for cars, then smear grease over all the rollers and rub it in.   Good luck.