Sign in to follow this  

Bad things happening. Help!

So I put on my big bore, put everythg back together, it ran amazingly for like 30 seconds, amazing torque and power, then it bogged down and refuses to start. I feel like something bad happened. I am very worried.

So I put on my big bore, put everythg back together, it ran amazingly for like 30 seconds, amazing torque and power, then it bogged down and refuses to start. I feel like something bad happened. I am very worried.

Will it turn over by hand?

remove plug.. How does it look

If it turns over, do that and check cam timing.

Remove valve cover, check valve clearances.

Remove the cam caps check bearing journals 

Still nothing out of order, do a leakdown test

or start pulling the top end off.

• Like 1

Just took off the valve cover again. Did my best to get the timing. Have no idea what it could be. Going to take it to a shop I guess.

It worked when I put everything together. I blasted out of my driveway and it worked awesome. More backfire than usual I suppose... Then it started to die. Then it stopped working.

Hahaha yeah I have done that before. It has like half a tank. I appreciate the help guys. I don't know that I have the prowess or the patience to see this one through. Looks like my local performance shop is gonna make a lil $$$ off this chump!

Not sure what I could have done wrong during the install that would allow it to work for a minute and then crap out. It does feel like fuel delivery but that is simple enough to check for. Will dig into the carb again tomorrow maybe.

Have you tried it again once it cooled down, your jetting could be way out now and it will only run when choked

If it sat long enough the pilot jet may be plugged.

Start with checking the things above, if it turns over by hand, cams timed, oil good, no sign of oil starvation, look at the carb, plug, 

Has new oil and filter in it. Ran for a couple seconds this morning. Hasn't sat at all, took the carb apart to put new jets in. Timing could be off I suppose. I set the flywheel to the tdc line, put the cams in at 10/2 and counted 15 pins between.

Haha how do you really feel about Eddie? I did live in co and when I did I needed some carb work done. I got in touch with epic motosports for some advice and they were incredibly helpful. At the time the drz was my only mode of transport and I lived an hour away from epic. One of the employees who worked at epic happened to be visiting a friend near me and offered to pick up my carb from me, have Eddie tune it and bring it back to me an hour away. The work was done well and fast. I will be a lifelong fan of eddies. I just wish I could take my bike to him now.

Haha how do you really feel about Eddie? I did live in co and when I did I needed some carb work done. I got in touch with epic motosports for some advice and they were incredibly helpful. At the time the drz was my only mode of transport and I lived an hour away from epic. One of the employees who worked at epic happened to be visiting a friend near me and offered to pick up my carb from me, have Eddie tune it and bring it back to me an hour away. The work was done well and fast. I will be a lifelong fan of eddies. I just wish I could take my bike to him now.

you know what they say about opinions right? 

Not an opinion man.

you gotta quote me so i see it. haha.  I meant when you said "how do you really feel about Eddie?" if anyone replies to it they're going to be giving THEIR opinion. Get it?

and my opinion on that. you see the problems people are having with him and the other people that arent having any problems. The problems are related to not having direct contact. i doubt you'd have the same problems being able to talk to him in person and not needing parts but service. do you not live in colorado anymore? 

Edited by jawknee21

you gotta quote me so i see it. haha. I meant when you said "how do you really feel about Eddie?" if anyone replies to it they're going to be giving THEIR opinion. Get it?

and my opinion on that. you see the problems people are having with him and the other people that arent having any problems. The problems are related to not having direct contact. i doubt you'd have the same problems being able to talk to him in person and not needing parts but service. do you not live in colorado anymore?

Agreed. I am not posting to give reviews and opinions about Eddie or epic moto. I shouldn't have mentioned him in the first place. I am bummed there doesn't seem to be a good shop around fort bragg that knows these bikes. If you guys know anyone around here let me know!