Sign in to follow this  

CPR8EB-9 spark plug just works better

My 2011 KX250F started pretty good and ran well. Usually took about three kicks to get it going. Pulled the plug and found someone had put in a CR8EB. The CPR8EB that I replaced it with (per manual) has a projected insulator. Not sure if this is true, but here is what I read about projected insulator plugs:

"Projected plugs initiate the flame-front closer to the center of the combustion chamber, which has an effect similar to advancing the timing. This lets the total ignition advance be reduced, decreasing the chances of detonation while providing superior throttle response. A projected plugs longer core nose provides a hotter plug at low speed to help prevent fouling. As engine speed increases, the incoming air/fuel mixture flows across the core nose tip, providing charge cooling that effectively reduces the heat range for increased top-end detonation resistance."

Anyway, the bike now starts in one kick, instantly, like RV1's. :ride:

I know this plug has been addressed before, but I was surprised that it seemed to make the bike start easier. Of course my old plug could have just been tired. :D

Edited by LSHD

Can you post a link where you got your plug? Do you think they might be available on amazon? My 06 is having some trouble starting. Some times it starts with one kick and other times I'll kick it forever while playing with the throttle and the choke to get it to go. Some times I will get it and other times I just have someone half way push me and I pop the clutch and it starts right up. I'm thinking it's time for a new spark plug and this one sounds really good.