Sign in to follow this  

Rs 2

I'm about to install the yoshi rs 2 full exhaust on my 2014 sm. I don't know if I will run it with the quiet insert in or out. Will the jetting be the same either way? Stock now, mods will be 3x3, k&n, and Jd jet kit all at the same time.

If you use the recommended settings you'll probably be so rich it doesn't matter at all.

My bike doesn't care if I pull the spark arrestor out or not on my RS2. I assume that is what you are referring to when you say quiet insert.

Here's what I did (as recommended with jet kit) 155 main jet, 22.5 pilot jet (extended fuel screw), blue needle 3rd clip. That's with silencer in. Get yourself an extended fuel screw unless you are a masochist.

DRZ newbie: what's the extended fuel screw about? Obviously easier to reach, but why? Use it in normal use?   

DRZ newbie: what's the extended fuel screw about? Obviously easier to reach, but why? Use it in normal use?   

Just makes it much easier to adjust the idle mixture. Once you have it set, odds are pretty low you'll touch it again. 

I just installed the RS2 earlier this week.  Used a 145 main jet from the JD kit, and the stock needle with the shim supplied with the Yoshi exhaust.  22.5 pilot with and extended fuel screw.

I couldnt get either JD needles to work nice, so I tried the stock needle with the shim and it was perfect.  

Edited by madchild