Which drz

Hey fellas, I'm currently in the market for a drz 400.

I've narrowed the choice down to 2 in particular. One is a 2005 the other is a 2006 and they are the same price. My question is one is immaculate, full service history and has seen 98% road riding by an older guy but has 16000kms, the other has 4000kms no service history fairly heavil scuffed on the plastics and the engine cases . Should I just get the one with higher kms as it seems to be very well looked after and babied or am I still better off going the lower km bike.

• Like 1

Yeah, care and maintenance all the way. I made the mistake my first time out (I now have two) of buying one from a guy who had very obviously beat the crap outta the bike off road - that one went bad a week after I got it. ?  The second one was all road miles and, while somewhat high mileage (just rolled over 26k today), is going strong.

Good luck and have fun either way!

• Like 1

Ditto what everyone else is saying.....I'd much rather have a well cared for bike, than one that's been beaten up. If it looks shitty on the outside, can you imagine what it looks like in the inside? Who knows how often the oil got changed, or the filter......for sure go for the 16000 klm's!

• Like 1