2014 500 EXC LED Turn Signal Issues

Hello Fellow KTM Enthusiast,

I have removed the stock incandescent turn signals from both front and rear.

Then, I installed Sicass LED rears and Zeta XC front bark busters with integrated LED turn signals.

I've replaced the stock turn signal relay with the 12 O'Clock Labs relay and removed the incandescent (green) turn signal bulb as directed.

So now, I get a beautiful 2 flash/sec, normal brightness blink result from all four displays at the same time.  It doesn't matter what direction I have selected from the turn signal switch.

Any ideas?

Tail Light.jpg

Zeta.jpg

Hello Fellow KTM Enthusiast,

I have removed the stock incandescent turn signals from both front and rear.

Then, I installed Sicass LED rears and Zeta XC front bark busters with integrated LED turn signals.

I've replaced the stock turn signal relay with the 12 O'Clock Labs relay and removed the incandescent (green) turn signal bulb as directed.

So now, I get a beautiful 2 flash/sec, normal brightness blink result from all four displays at the same time.  It doesn't matter what direction I have selected from the turn signal switch.

Any ideas?

I did pretty much the same thing that you did, but I used the Sicass relay instead of the 12o'clock labs.  I'm not familiar with that kit, but on the Sicass kit, you have to actually cut some wires to get it to work.  Does the 12o'clock labs kit require cutting of the wires? You have to break apart the ground wires, so that there's no feedback thru the grounds.  With this kit you CAN leave the turn signal indicator in the dash...

CADman_KS

CADman,

Thanks for the reply.  I will give that relay a try....

I did pretty much the same thing that you did, but I used the Sicass relay instead of the 12o'clock labs. I'm not familiar with that kit, but on the Sicass kit, you have to actually cut some wires to get it to work. Does the 12o'clock labs kit require cutting of the wires? You have to break apart the ground wires, so that there's no feedback thru the grounds. With this kit you CAN leave the turn signal indicator in the dash...

CADman_KS

I'm having this exact same problem all four of my turn signals are flashing at the same time like hazards on a car. By any chance can you post some directions on which wires to cut? I was using the tusk relay (came with NO directions at all but I'm somewhat sure I connected it correctly,) and it made no difference from the stock relay. I just ordered the sicass racing relay and it will be here on Wednesday. I have led bulbs in the front and rear of the bike. My led bulbs are now relocated in the hand guards.

Thanks,

Chris

CADman,

Thanks for the reply. I will give that relay a try....

Did you ever figure it out? And if so can you post how you fixed this? I'm having the same exact problem.

Thanks,

Chris

I'm having this exact same problem all four of my turn signals are flashing at the same time like hazards on a car. By any chance can you post some directions on which wires to cut? I was using the tusk relay (came with NO directions at all but I'm somewhat sure I connected it correctly,) and it made no difference from the stock relay. I just ordered the sicass racing relay and it will be here on Wednesday. I have led bulbs in the front and rear of the bike. My led bulbs are now relocated in the hand guards.

Thanks,

Chris

Man, I did that so long ago that I forgot how I did it!!

As I said in my original post, there was a wire, I believe up front, that you have to cut to make it so that all four lights don't blink at the same time.  I'm pretty sure that I don't have those instructions anymore, unfortunately.  

I just looked on the Sicass sight to see if I could find any instructions on the extra kit that they have that allows you to use the stock indicator lamp.  They don't, at least that I can find.  However, they did have a FAQ that said that WITHOUT that kit, all four will blink.  You can overcome that, however, by removing the indicator bulb.

Remove the indicator bulb to see if they go to single mode.  If they do, that at least tells you that you have it wired correctly, you just need this additional kit to allow the use of the indicator lamp on the dash...

Hope this helps...

I just looked on the Sicass sight to see if I could find any instructions on the extra kit that they have that allows you to use the stock indicator lamp. They don't, at least that I can find. However, they did have a FAQ that said that WITHOUT that kit, all four will blink. You can overcome that, however, by removing the indicator bulb.

Remove the indicator bulb to see if they go to single mode. If they do, that at least tells you that you have it wired correctly, you just need this additional kit to allow the use of the indicator lamp on the dash...

Hope this helps...

Man thank you, I saw that too... I know it's right because I have resistors and it works, but those suckers get hot very hot. Sicass racing has a wiring kit for 7 bucks that I ordered. I'm going to install that and see if it helps. It looks like that is what's needed. But that tusk kit has NO Instructions what so ever. It took me a minute to find the blinker relay then another minute to figure out how to install it. It was all very simple and easy but a piece of paper with some words or pictures would have been nice.

Good luck!  I had that kit in my last bike.  I don't know if they transferred that or not when I got my new bike.  If they didn't, I'll have to get that kit again...