Sign in to follow this  

Upgrade from 06' 400EXC to 12' 450XCW, info needed!

I am considering selling my 06' 400EXC to upgrade to a 12' or later 450XCW.  I looked at the 350/500EXC but the 450 is what will suit my needs. Question, is there that much of a difference in 6yrs of technology in the bikes, suspension, rideability etc. besides the EFI?  Please chime in if you ridden or own one.. 

Thanks.

My previous two bikes were '06 yz450 set up for woods and 2008 klx450r. My KTM is by far the nicest bike I have ever owned. Fit, finish, engineering, efi, everything about this bike make it superior to what I have ridden in the past. I know your coming off a ktm, but I think you will appreciate how much better an efi bike feels.

Like going from a Volkswagen beetle to a ferrari

When my kids are out of college a 500 XCW is in my future! I'm keeping my old 05 450 MXC, love that bike.

Thanks for the responses.  Will be curious to see if the suspension is that much better than my 06. For that makes all the difference in the world when it comes to riding.  Better be after 6yrs of technological advancements.

When my kids are out of college a 500 XCW is in my future! I'm keeping my old 05 450 MXC, love that bike.

Got one going to college next year. But this will be a cash purchase, allways a good used deal to be had.

Edited by BigYZF
  • Like 1