Sign in to follow this  

MRD SSW decision

I'm struggling to decide whether or not spend around 2 weeks wages on an MRD SSW so I want your input & opinions to help me out with my decision please. I currently have a DRZ E exhaust with an open baffle, my engine mods are wossner high compression piston with single layer base gasket, E cams & FCR39 slant (so pretty much a real E engine wise) I wanna know if u think I'll gain much power over the open E exhaust by changing to an MRD SSW & if so roughly how much?? 

I know its gonna look way way better if I do it but I can't bring myself to spend the cash just for looks 

Cheers guys

• Like 1

The Z-Pro MRD addition is a good one for sure. But don't put yourself into a financial bind to get one. Set some money aside each paycheck until you can afford it. Breaking any purchase into little pieces always makes it easier. Don't buy on credit but disipline yourself to save for what you want. The rewards of getting what you want that way are always more satisfying. :D Ride On! :)

• Like 7

The Z-Pro MRD addition is a good one for sure. But don't put yourself into a financial bind to get one. Set some money aside each paycheck until you can afford it. Breaking any purchase into little pieces always makes it easier. Don't buy on credit but disipline yourself to save for what you want. The rewards of getting what you want that way are always more satisfying. :D Ride On! :)

Yeh, I agree.....it's tough,   no doubt. But worth when you finally get it. I save money every week and put it into my bike fund and about the time I think I have a nice stash, someone on here shows a pic of something that I can't live without.........hahahaha, and then it's back to zero.....it's called Moditis  ;)

• Like 4

haha Moditis ye I've been diagnsed with that from an early age lol.

Its not the price putting me off & its defo the only exhaust I'd buy new, I just wanna justify spending another almost £500 on my dizzer & if its gonna give a noticeable power increase over my open E exhaust I might convince myself its worth it  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

haha Moditis ye I've been diagnsed with that from an early age lol.

Its not the price putting me off & its defo the only exhaust I'd buy new, I just wanna justify spending another almost £500 on my dizzer & if its gonna give a noticeable power increase over my open E exhaust I might convince myself its worth it  :rolleyes:

Just went to pg.384.....WOW, NICE!! What you have would definitely be enhance with an MRD Z-Pro, no doubt. If power is what you're looking for, it will perform better than what you now have. Have no idea about actual HP gains, but it should be somewhere around 3-5.

Reading what Chooken said, I have to say, I am also thinking the Yosh would look totally killer on your bike....jmo, but the HP will be close and most likely not noticeable unless you're a racer or somesuch. Decision, decisions.......hahahahaha, how bad did you say you had Moditis?  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Carlspeaky , man you guys get stung over the ditch when buying stuff ! If I purchased a shiny , bright , spanking new MRD in australia it would only cost me about 3 days wages , tops . I am sure the MRD will improve on the performance of your engine , but by how much is up for speculation . One thing it will do is sound better , but just as loud . Another is improve revability ( is that even a word ? ) the gas flow will improve greatly and most dyno charts show that bikes will pick up a few thousand rpm in the higher end of the range . But above all it will go hand in hand with any further mods you do , eg. big bore or stroker , greg

• Like 3

Based on all the positive feedback I went with the MRD, its been 2 weeks and still waiting for it but I am in no rush.

I'm struggling to decide whether or not spend around 2 weeks wages on an MRD SSW so I want your input & opinions to help me out with my decision please. I currently have a DRZ E exhaust with an open baffle, my engine mods are wossner high compression piston with single layer base gasket, E cams & FCR39 slant (so pretty much a real E engine wise) I wanna know if u think I'll gain much power over the open E exhaust by changing to an MRD SSW & if so roughly how much?? 

I know its gonna look way way better if I do it but I can't bring myself to spend the cash just for looks 

Cheers guys

The 'E' pipe flows pretty good, just add a slip-on. ProCycle has a DG for $179 and call it a day.

Edited by billdirt1
  • Like 4

The 'E' pipe flows pretty good, just add a slip-on. ProCycle has a DG for $179 and call it a day.

For 500 pounds (US$849) I would look at cheaper options....Billdirt1's is a good one......

The E pipe does flow really well, if it's some modest power upgrades you are after, installing a locally made open slip on with the stock E headpipe is a idea to look at...

You will have a solid mid range , which is a primary for off road riding.....I use the E header and just a Powercore 4 slip on.....great for mid and upper mid range torque off road....

But there is no denying on road the MRD would for sure have the "more useable" bigger numbers in peak HP

• Like 3

For 500 pounds (US$849) I would look at cheaper options....Billdirt1's is a good one......

The E pipe does flow really well, if it's some modest power upgrades you are after, installing a locally made open slip on with the stock E headpipe is a idea to look at...

You will have a solid mid range , which is a primary for off road riding.....I use the E header and just a Powercore 4 slip on.....great for mid and upper mid range torque off road....

But there is no denying on road the MRD would for sure have the "more useable" bigger numbers in peak HP

i i were to order an mrd/ Z-Pro How could I get the shorty one? Who would I talk to? How/ where would i order it?

i i were to order an mrd/ Z-Pro How could I get the shorty one? Who would I talk to? How/ where would i order it?

google MRD and call Dave (owner) and tell him you want a shorty.....he's super cool to talk with and will fix you up with a special made cannister

• Like 2

google MRD and call Dave (owner) and tell him you want a shorty.....he's super cool to talk with and will fix you up with a special made cannister

Is it true that it is louder than the normal Mrd? And kind of the same subject as the original post in this thread. I have a full fmf titanium 4 system, rejetted, 3x3 ext fuel screw. Will I notice performance gain and a better sound? Is it worth my money?

Is it true that it is louder than the normal Mrd? And kind of the same subject as the original post in this thread. I have a full fmf titanium 4 system, rejetted, 3x3 ext fuel screw. Will I notice performance gain and a better sound? Is it worth my money?

150ron said it was louder for sure and he had it stock at first and then cut it shorter. As far as better sound, I don't know, it will be louder than FMF..... and as far as all the dyno graphs I've seen, it will offer more performance and power, especially in the higher rpm's. As far as worth your money.......only you can make that evaluation. I think what you have is a great system, and you probably paid decent money for it, so unless you can sell it and get a fair amount back that can offset the cost of the new, I'd stay with what you have.......I have moditis as bad as the next guy, but you're not talking earth shattering gains with the changes......up to you. :rolleyes:

edit: for the money, if you haven't done a CW big bore kit, I would spend it there 1st....jmo

Edited by Signman606
  • Like 2

I'm struggling to decide whether or not spend around 2 weeks wages on an MRD SSW so I want your input & opinions to help me out with my decision please. I currently have a DRZ E exhaust with an open baffle, my engine mods are wossner high compression piston with single layer base gasket, E cams & FCR39 slant (so pretty much a real E engine wise) I wanna know if u think I'll gain much power over the open E exhaust by changing to an MRD SSW & if so roughly how much??

Cheers guys

The MRD SSW is a fantastic, awesome quatity pipe, but an E model header an debaffled muffler performs pretty well, I had a cut down E muffler and I bought an MRD SSW and the only difference is its a hell of a lot louder. I end up taking it off and selling it cause on long hills rides it gave me headaches even with earplugs in. I'll take a couple of pics of the shortys that ive made and post them up? Easy to make and you can still use the baffle if you want. Only cost was getting it welded,a can of vht header paint and sone sand paper. Edited by berjo
  • Like 2

If you order from the TT store you put that you want a shorty in the order notes.

I went full size and I want it to exit as far back and as possible.

• Like 1

+1.  I  have the same setup and it works nicely.

• Like 2

If you order from the TT store you put that you want a shorty in the order notes.

I went full size and I want it to exit as far back and as possible.

Really?   that is the thing i dislike the most about certain aftermarket DRZ exhaust,  that they stick out so far back,  some all the way to the license plate,  not saying its a bad thing,  i just like the shorter look.

They say you lose some bottom end by going with a shorty. 

• Like 2