Sign in to follow this  

Colorado Southern Rockies riding

I live in NM just a few miles south of the CO border near Durango.  There are a lot of really great places to ride around here, but I figured I'd post one of my favorite pics of one of our favorite riding areas.  This pic was taken a couple months ago near the CO/NM state line, its my sons and a couple friends (I wasn't there that day, darn.  Credit to Chad Guin) 

10258370_756747851025117_350675125648018

Nice pic. Pagosa Springs here and looking for single track or FR in your area. As a senior rider, slower and more technical is better.

Nice pic. Pagosa Springs here and looking for single track or FR in your area. As a senior rider, slower and more technical is better.

That pic was taken near the old mx track north of Aztec, several single tracks and narrow 2 tracks there.  There are also a couple of other really neat single tracks in the area, Pinon Mesa (going riding there tomorrow, pouring rain today) and the trail just west of there near Safety City.  Also, the Hermosa single track near Durango is pretty cool.  BTW, 59 years old here, I can't keep up with my crazy sons and their friends very often either, lol.

Thanks for the guidance. We tried to get to Navajo Lake going from Dulce thru the Apache Res. Got lost, left one bike stuck in creek bottom

overnight. Now looking for better ways. Inviting you to come this way, if the snow ever melts, and join us old farts for a mountain ride.

Thanks for the guidance. We tried to get to Navajo Lake going from Dulce thru the Apache Res. Got lost, left one bike stuck in creek bottom

overnight. Now looking for better ways. Inviting you to come this way, if the snow ever melts, and join us old farts for a mountain ride.

Will do, thanks, looking forward to some new trails.  Same goes if you come this way.

I live in NM just a few miles south of the CO border near Durango. There are a lot of really great places to ride around here, but I figured I'd post one of my favorite pics of one of our favorite riding areas. This pic was taken a couple months ago near the CO/NM state line, its my sons and a couple friends (I wasn't there that day, darn. Credit to Chad Guin)

10258370_756747851025117_350675125648018

Is this considered part of the Powerlines area?

No, this is NE of the old MX track north of Aztec, NM.  That's the LaPlata Mtns. in the background, a SW arm of the San Juans just west of Durango.

Great shot! I know that area well.  Has it been raining there much?  

More than the last couple of summers.  Now if only I could put my bike back together I could enjoy the more packed down terrain, it had gotten really loose and sandy.  I ended up getting hurt on a very similar type trail in June, avoided hitting a jack rabbit as big as a German Shepard, and went off the side of the ridge a ways into the flour like soft stuff, pulled a bunch of muscles in my back, neck and shoulder.