Langston better than emig?

I like Jeff, but the SX coverage in particular, is aimed at gapers who know nothing about MX/SX, so he dumbs it down way to far for those who are actually into it. I thought Grant was excellent, provided some good information and had a good thing with Weege. I'm sure it'll only get better.

• Like 2

I really liked his commentary. Emig seems a little old fashion and is always swinging on kawis ball sack.

Nice change of pace in my opinion.

I like to hear a different perspective so having different guys for commentary is a nice change although I think I prefer Emig over Langston, but also hope they get Mcgrath, Carmichael and Windham. Sure dont need no cooking show guys though.. :goofy:

Langston is different from Emig. I like them both. The Langston Weegy combo was good.

It's the director that makes a difference. Sometimes they were spot on, then got lost following someone in the pack. Much better than SX where we watch the mechanic or someone kick a bike 20 times instead of the race for position up front.

• Like 2

Hasn't Langston been announcing Arenacross? Probably why he seemed comfortable at it to me.

I usually like Weege too. But I did think "how dumb can you be?" When he kept asking if Barcia's chain coming off in the 1st moto (with 2 laps left) would give him an advantage - implying that he would've had more time to rest. Langston shut that down quick with "No, it's just a huge dissapointment." Made me laugh, I like Langston.

• Like 1

Hasn't Langston been announcing Arenacross? Probably why he seemed comfortable at it to me.

I usually like Weege too. But I did think "how dumb can you be?" When he kept asking if Barcia's chain coming off in the 1st moto (with 2 laps left) would give him an advantage - implying that he would've had more time to rest. Langston shut that down quick with "No, it's just a huge dissapointment." Made me laugh, I like Langston.

Dumb would be brining up Langstong losing the 125 title when his rear wheel feel apart in the last Moto.

"how about the time you lost the 125 title... Hey, I can't breathe! Seriously.".

• Like 1

Emig has never been great so grant is better, now camera operations were laughable. The race coverage rather looked third rate.

Agreed, it reminded me of watching MXGP where the cameras seem to be pre-cold war, at least the 2 they have.

Where did Emig go? I don't know the back story here. I liked him, I'm not a Langston fan, he bugs me during the Arenacross races. I will admit he did better than he does announcing AX. I feel like Emig did great at color commentary, has inside knowledge, and has/had a serious speech impediment that he has overcome, all good stuff IMO.

• Like 1

I really liked Weege and GL commentating. It was a good dynamic and both are very knowledgeable about the sport.

Something small, but I liked the fact that they would say "Redbull KTM" or "JGR Yamaha" or "Monster Energy Kawasaki" instead of the green Kawasaki or Red Honda. It makes the sport seem way more professional and gives each team a little plug.

I liked the coverage. It will get better as the season goes on too.

• Like 2

I agree with most of you guys.  I think Langston did an awesome job.  He had a lot of funny one liners he'd throw in there.  Couldn't count how many times he had the Weege bust out laughing.  I like Fro and think he has overcome a lot to even speak a sentence. I liked Langston better. 

• Like 2

I just finished watching all the moto's and give props to Langston, he did a great job and kept the racing in an upbeat mode. He and Emig are both great for the sport. Oh,,great racing too. 

• Like 1