Sign in to follow this  

Colorado Riding buddies for Rampart Range 5/26 memorial day?

Well I need to get some trail riding in, so planning on heading down to Rampart tomorrow (memorial day). I don't know anyone in Denver to ride with and never have been there, so If anyone wants to tag along you're more than welcome-even if you've never been either, exploring's always better in a group. Planning to leave Carter Lake by 8:00, then however long it takes to get down there. Can swing by on my way down if you wanted to ride along if it works out better.

Even just any info on where to park, trail suggestions (single track) etc would be appreciated!

Kevin

So, my first suggestion would be to leave as early as possible. RR is a great place to ride, but with the holiday weekend there will be more morons down there than usual. As trails are multi directional, the more people out there, the more dangerous it becomes. I was there yesterday morning riding at 7:00 and by the time we rolled off the trails (10:00 or so) it was already becoming a zoo. During our ride we encountered many kwads stopped in questionable places ( groups right in the middle of the trail at a blind corner or bottom of a hill with no way around) wearing no gear, not signaling how many riders behind etc.

I would be more than happy to show you around on another weekend or after work some evening (my preference) as it really helps to have someone show you the ropes.

BTW- don't let my age fool you, I'm still pretty fast (at least I think so). G

Edited by 2012 450 xc-w

Well I just got a text got the day off of work I'm down to ride today. Could meet you anywhere in denver.