Sign in to follow this  

E model with S or SM subframe - exhaust?

My E has been motarded/dual sported and has an S or SM subframe and passenger pegs. 

What exhausts would I look for to fit?  S/SM or E?

Don't know if there are bend or mounting point differences? or if the only difference the header size?

Do all of the headers/slip ons use the same dimensions (lengith of can section, midpipe, header,  mounting points,etc.

Or does (for example) Yoshi use an inch longer can and inch shorter midpipe than MRD (or whoever). 

In other words does the header have to match the can or should I be able to mix and match (assuming I could need a muffler shop to flare/mate the ends. 

I don't know if I have a  Pro CIrcuit header or the stock E header,  and would prefer to just get a slip on if I can figure out what would work.

Did find that Pro Circuit does offer a quiet core with an updated end cap for $99 so I'll probably give that a shot with a repack of the muffler. 

The E model does have a different mounting point and I am pretty sure the headers are the same length , even though the E is of a larger diameter than the S/SM . If you get a slipon to suit the subframe ( S/SM ) then it will probably be too small in diameter so you will have to have the join expanded . If you get an E slipon , you will have to make a bracket to mount the mid pipe . So Its a bit of a toss up which way you go , I would go with the E ( larger pipe ) and make a relocating bracket . It wont be very big , most people just use a small bit of flat plate , greg