Sign in to follow this  

how long has works connection been selling hour meters?

Just curious reason being i am looking at a bike 2009 yz450, that has "24 original hours" and i am trying to figure out if it could be legit. Problem is i dont recall works connection making this style hour meter in 2009. Any input would be much appreciated. 

10300809_10203106133847545_5179531840727589752_n.jpg

with any hour meter unless it's part of a ECM or other that isn't easy to tamper with 

I consider them  only for maintenance intervals 

cause like you thinking even if works sold it  back then who knows when it was put on  and if it was ever replaced

with any hour meter unless it's part of a ECM or other that isn't easy to tamper with 

I consider them  only for maintenance intervals 

cause like you thinking even if works sold it  back then who knows when it was put on  and if it was ever replaced

Thanks for the insight, all of which i get and already knew. He is telling me this hour meter was on it since it was new in 2009, I dont think they made those hour meters in 2009. All i am looking for is someone to verify if they did or didnt. 

First off, nice number.

Secondly, contact works connection yourself. I have their radiator braces. Broke the bolt on piece. I called WC and was told to email them pictures of the broken mounts. As soon as I did that they had replacement parts in the mail to me. Point of the story is they have very good customer service and you should just send them an email or give them a ring. They will be able to answer any of your questions better than some random person on an internet forum will be able to!

Already shot them a email but its a holiday weekend. 

First off, nice number.

Secondly, contact works connection yourself. I have their radiator braces. Broke the bolt on piece. I called WC and was told to email them pictures of the broken mounts. As soon as I did that they had replacement parts in the mail to me. Point of the story is they have very good customer service and you should just send them an email or give them a ring. They will be able to answer any of your questions better than some random person on an internet forum will be able to!

Just curious reason being i am looking at a bike 2009 yz450, that has "24 original hours" and i am trying to figure out if it could be legit. Problem is i dont recall works connection making this style hour meter in 2009. Any input would be much appreciated. 

Not saying the seller is not being completely honest, but only 24 original hours on a 2009 dirt bike seems hard to believe unless it sat on the Yamaha show room floor for years and simply never sold. Just something to consider, 24 total hours divided by 5 years is basically 5 hours of riding time per year. Most average riders/racers log 3 - 5 hrs "per day" on a practice track.. I average around 30 - 40 hrs per month, can't imagine someone only riding 24 hrs in 5 years. 

Just don't seem realistic to me.. but it could certainly be true. You are wise to ask.. 

Let us know what you decide.

F1

Hmmmm..... perhaps when I decide to sell my super race purpose Honda cr125, I shall buy myself an hour meter and sell it to you gullible folks for a pretty penny.  But then again I wouldn't have to since my one of a kind race bike is already highly sought after.  :)

I've purchased lots of bikes with even less hours, stock tires with 'nipple's on them, etc.

Use your common sense and look at the bike carefully for wear and nicks, and determine for yourself how many hours it has.