Sign in to follow this  

Handguards with CR High bars?

I am using CR MID with 1 1/2" riser.  Was told by Cycra my setup would not work with the triple mounts.  Not sure if you are using any type of riser/spacer and how much higher the CR High's are compared to the mids.

Thanks, I'm thinking I'm SOL with triple mounts but I figure if it's possible, someone on here has done it :D

I have risers on my pro taper bars and found the Cycra Pro bend triple clamps wouldn't fit either. But they will if you have an welding torch to bend them like I did!

I ordered the Zeta handguards...after receiving the ProTaper bars today, I'm sure they'll work if they work with stock as the bar shape and size appears to be almost identical to the stock bars. I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed in that they do not appear to be any higher than the stock bars. Good thing I have a set of Rox risers on hand.

I ordered the Zeta handguards...after receiving the ProTaper bars today, I'm sure they'll work if they work with stock as the bar shape and size appears to be almost identical to the stock bars. I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed in that they do not appear to be any higher than the stock bars. Good thing I have a set of Rox risers on hand.

Well I think the stock 7/8 bars have a rise of around 50mm and a height of around 71mm.  The CR High's have a rise of 67mm, a difference of 17mm (11/16) and the height should be 95mm, a difference of 24mm (15/16).  Thats a considerable difference,  You sure you have stock bars...or the correct ProTaper bend?  I thought the stock bars were same for all years except for the later SM's have 1 1/8 bars.

Yep, sure stock bars and the ones I received have CR High printed right on them. Once I get the stockers off, I can do a better comparison.

I have protaper se cr high bars, with a little bending, cycra probends fit right up with cycra triple mounts. It was not a very noticable rise compared to stock bars, i then added 30mm risers and with a little more bending they fit with the triple mounts and looks fine imo. I will try to find a pic to post up...

Edited by Kiddreamr

So I got the stock bars off today and compared them to the Pro Tapers...the PT's are indeed higher but only because the angle of the grip section of the bars is steeper. That doesn't really help with the overall height IMO. I'll be using the Rox risers. The Zeta handguards will fit though.