Sign in to follow this  

Rear rotors

So ive destroyed my second rear rotor and am now contemplating whether or not to buy a disc guard, or a beefier new disc, can anyone report on the bpd billet unit or the beta fin?  As for another rotor, is the solid beta racing better than the solid dirt tricks?  The support around the mounting looks better on the beta solid but its 180 vs 110.  

Doesn't matter that much, still

softer than a rock. I have the OEM Beta rotor and its still fine protected with the Beta shark fin, that has a lot of its red anodizing scraped off.

• Like 1

So, armour it is.  Are the rotors compatible with crf's, thought i read something to that nature in the cross ref thread.   

I believe the CRF reference was for the rear sprocket. They are not perfect but will work. (ID is a little larger but bolt pattern is the same). The 2013 KTM 690R rear rotor is the same as the 13-14 Beta. Race Disc rotors are 53.00, not sure if they make a solid but you can replace a few for the cost of a stock or Dirt tricks version. Solid disc are for mud, it saves on the pads.

I believe the CRF reference was for the rear sprocket. They are not perfect but will work. (ID is a little larger but bolt pattern is the same). The 2013 KTM 690R rear rotor is the same as the 13-14 Beta. Race Disc rotors are 53.00, not sure if they make a solid but you can replace a few for the cost of a stock or Dirt tricks version. Solid disc are for mud, it saves on the pads.

You are misquoting the price on the rotor. I know for a fact that most of the stock KTM (or Beta) rear rotors are well north of 150 bucks and some of the stock front ones are over 300.00. About the only rotor you can get for under 100 bucks would be a Tusk rotor for around 60.00. Not sure if they make one for the Beta.

The best bet would be to go for the Dirt Tricks. Very durable. And a great price at just over 100 bucks.

http://shop.getdirtydirtbikes.com/Dirt-Tricks-Solid-Rear-Brake-Rotor-BT-RDS.htm

Doesn't matter that much, still

softer than a rock. I have the OEM Beta rotor and its still fine protected with the Beta shark fin, that has a lot of its red anodizing scraped off.

I too have the Beta shark fin. It's really a good one that replaces the caliper carrier.

100_4188_zps9231a114.jpg

You are misquoting the price on the rotor. I know for a fact that most of the stock KTM (or Beta) rear rotors are well north of 150 bucks and some of the stock front ones are over 300.00. About the only rotor you can get for under 100 bucks would be a Tusk rotor for around 60.00. Not sure if they make one for the Beta.

The best bet would be to go for the Dirt Tricks. Very durable. And a great price at just over 100 bucks.

http://shop.getdirtydirtbikes.com/Dirt-Tricks-Solid-Rear-Brake-Rotor-BT-RDS.htm

I too have the Beta shark fin. It's really a good one that replaces the caliper carrier.

100_4188_zps9231a114.jpg

Not sure how I'm misquoting the price of the race disc rotors. Here they are if you want one. http://www.racediscs.com/Products/Brake_discs/Beta_RD_Discs.html#.U4P7FMaVdqs  I might be able to find my invoice if you need a pic of it.

Edited by Rotax

Not sure how I'm misquoting the price of the race disc rotors. Here they are if you want one. http://www.racediscs.com/Products/Brake_discs/Beta_RD_Discs.html#.U4P7FMaVdqs  I might be able to find my invoice if you need a pic of it.

My bad, I see that the OP is in BC. You will NOT find that price here in the US. Did not know you lived outside the country. Your avatar say WI. 

My bad, I see that the OP is in BC. You will NOT find that price here in the US. Did not know you lived outside the country. Your avatar say WI.

What does living in Canada have to do with ordering something?

What does living in Canada have to do with ordering something?

The price. I'm sceptical when I see something super cheap in another country. If its such a good deal everyone would be talking about it.

The price. I'm sceptical when I see something super cheap in another country. If its such a good deal everyone would be talking about it.

Americans like you crack me up. Thanks you made my day once again.

Its in the UK, USA/Canada makes no big difference. 

Americans like me?

Yes the ones that think if it comes from another country it must be junk.

Please remember the US really isn't a world leader in anything but military spending, number of prisoners and how many people believe in angels.

So please try to keep an open mind to what going on outside of CA or not. Doesn't really matter, I just find some folks amusing.

I had one of those Race Discs on my Husky and it was awful.  It ran through pads every single ride and the finish on the cross drilling was absolute shit.  I had to file out the holes to get all the burs off and it still ate my pads to pieces, and I don't even drag my rear brakes.  I took my stock one that was bent a little, hammered mostly straight and I've been on the same set of pads for the last 5-6 40+ mile rides.  So, in conclusion...you get what you pay for.

• Like 2

Please remember the US really isn't a world leader in anything but military spending, number of prisoners and how many people believe in angels.

So please try to keep an open mind to what going on outside of CA or not. Doesn't really matter, I just find some folks amusing.

No matter what country it comes from, sometimes when we, or a smarter group, find it's quite unusual.

Even with the exchange rate and shipping it still comes in quite cheap in cost, "only". But as most of us here in the USA are learning, shipping costs have risen and gotten really expensive for parts from the UK.

As others have said, those prices are really low, and many times no matter where in the world they come from the quality "could" be sub-standard.

I think we all need to hear some reviews of this product line, the good or the bad, instead of “getting our panties in a bunch”…Right? 

And no, we here in the states DO NOT always assume, I think that "could" be on others...

Edited by MarkBevans

Dude,your comments belong in town square. It's not amusing at all. Nor am I trying to be.

• Like 1

I had one of those Race Discs on my Husky and it was awful.  It ran through pads every single ride and the finish on the cross drilling was absolute shit.  I had to file out the holes to get all the burs off and it still ate my pads to pieces, and I don't even drag my rear brakes.  I took my stock one that was bent a little, hammered mostly straight and I've been on the same set of pads for the last 5-6 40+ mile rides.  So, in conclusion...you get what you pay for.

X2. They are garbage all right. Mine cupped from the heat and bent like tin foil. Despite what the vendor product information states I now believe them to be some re branded Chinese shit because anything that bad has to be made from nothing less than 100% recycled tuna cans.

Edited by widebear
  • Like 3

X2. They are garbage all right. Mine cupped from the heat and bent like tin foil. Despite what the vendor product information states I now believe them to be some re branded Chinese shit.

I'm happy a few of you have tried them. I'm always suspect when they are branded with the Beta logo and going for so cheap in price. I want to make it clear that I was in no way putting down another mans country. Hell, we make shitty products right here in the USA!! Funny thing is that some stuff made in china works pretty darn good. 

I'm happy a few of you have tried them. I'm always suspect when they are branded with the Beta logo and going for so cheap in price. I want to make it clear that I was in no way putting down another mans country. Hell, we make shitty products right here in the USA!! Funny thing is that some stuff made in china works pretty darn good. 

• Like 4