Sign in to follow this  

best bearings for rear rim?

Hey guys, I bought DNA rims about 5-6 years ago and have got 350 hard engine hours on them now.

one broken rear spoke later and about 6 sets of bearings (cheap chinese ones off ebay that last 3 rides) I am ready to either get new rims, or at least new bearings at the minimum... my rear wheel has like 1/2" side play due to the old bearings!!!

I am wondering what the best are to buy?

also, what are the sizes even? its been so long I cant even remember.

would like to buy bearings that last more than 3 rides before the rim feels wobbly on the axle.

will they fit with DNA rims?... id imagine/hope theyre kept simple and all use the same size but with the way things work today I wouldnt be surprised if was done as complicated as possible. 

Find the size/part number of the bearings and get some 'name' brand bearings, something European like SKF or FAG, or Jap, NTN, KOYO, NACHI.

• Like 1

DNA bearings are NOT the same size as oem. If I remember right they are the same size as ktm wheel bearings. I sold my dna's long ago, so I am not sure on which ktm.

The seal on the bearing has the number on it you need. Timken bearings are good if you can find them. That was my biggest complaint with the dna's were the crap bearings, after I put timkens in them the problems went away.  I have a set of RAD mfg. hubs now, and they also have the bigger bearings in them as well. Or a manufacturer that DHS suggested are great too, anything but the china ones

Edited by tmauto69
  • Like 1