Sign in to follow this  

Who here is with cmrc?

From alberta and wanting to start racing. Been riding for 6 years now and just got the itch to race. Im 18 btw. Just wondering which class i should join and how skilled each class is. Looking at beginner most likely but how does junior compare as that looks to be next to beginner. Whats the diffrence between mx3, mx2 and gp?

Where are the cmrc races in alberta? Checked the cmrc site and it dosnt really tell me the schedule but on the adra site it says cold lake, slave lake, whitecourt, and maidstone. Is that correct? Just wondering any help is appreciated

Im in Ontario, so I cant help with your schedule. You should go beginner if you have never raced before. In CMRC, jr. is a pretty fast class

You have Alberta Dirt Riders for northern Alberta races (albertadirtriders.com), Peace Motocross Association (peacemotocrossassociation.com) for northern Alberta/BC, and for the southern races there is Alberta Motorsports Association (amsamx.com) for your southern Alberta races. CMRC will be one of the better places to go to for information.

MX1 will be the 450 class. MX2 will be the 250 class. MX3 will be a combination of both 250 and 450 riders.

As for what class to join for your first race try out the beginner class. See how things go and where you stand. Or if you can get out to a local track with some guys find out what class they race and how you compare. I haven't raced in years but I'm looking to get back into it and go to a few races this year as time allows.

Watched a aotmx race this weekend and i felt like my riding would fit in with the novice/beginner. So i feel thats where id best fit in.

As for the cmrc site i find its useless for trying to find information out like schedules and such since it wont work for some reason. So going off the adra site the next race is mid july