Sign in to follow this  

Extended swing arm for ktm 200exc?

I was wondering if they make extended swing arms for my bike that I could just buy or do I have to "red neck rig" one to work. A link to one or any info would help. My bike is a 2001 ktm 200exc

No need to "red neck rig" very bad terminology anyways i guarantee i know rednecks that can fabricate better than most of us. But just do it right, or bring it to someone who knows how to weld aluminum. Check out groatone on YouTube, he has a video of making an extended swingarm.

Extended swingarms?!!  Why would you want to mess up the geometry, characteristics, and handling of a dirt bike when the company spends hours upon hours trying to refine the back?  And you just go in and throw an extended swingarm so that you can look 'cool'?  Like them ugly ass sportbikes with extended swing arms...... YUCK!!

I didn't ask for your opinions on extended swingarms. I want one for hillclimbing. A I asked was where / if I could find one. If you don't know then please don't reply. I don't need to hear all the bs

I didn't ask for your opinions on extended swingarms. I want one for hillclimbing. A I asked was where / if I could find one. If you don't know then please don't reply. I don't need to hear all the bs

I hope you have to race CR500s with that EXC.

That is all.

• Like 2

I hope you have to race CR500s with that EXC.

That is all.

Well if you knew anything about hillclimbing they have different classes. I won't be in the same class as cr500's so jokes on you

Well if you knew anything about hillclimbing they have different classes. I won't be in the same class as cr500's so jokes on you

They don't make a swing arm from what I can find. And why would they, its a single track bike.

Basically you asked an odd question, and I (and others) honestly wondered the reasoning guessing it was a hill climb. Or SM.

Then you say everyone can get fu cked for not giving you an answer you can in seconds get on google.

And then you complain about US WASTING YOUR TIME.  :thumbsup:

Piss off.

• Like 2

Lol a hillclimb exc 200. It's gonna get laughed at. Cr500s and up are all that should be extended swingarm climbing bikes. Ever see the 3-4cyl meth powered ones? Those things are dumb fast uphill.....

Imagine Using an extended swingarm with paddle on a crf frame. But the engine is like a gsxr700

And then ride it through dunes, god that would be cool

Lol a hillclimb exc 200. It's gonna get laughed at. Cr500s and up are all that should be extended swingarm climbing bikes. Ever see the 3-4cyl meth powered ones? Those things are dumb fast uphill.....

Imagine Using an extended swingarm with paddle on a crf frame. But the engine is like a gsxr700

And then ride it through dunes, god that would be cool

Well the threads kinda about 200 EXC's and you've mentioned dunes....

My mate used to ride a 200 on the dunes. They captured a great picture of him busting big air on that bike.

One of the worst years too, from what everyone bitches about 01 or 02 or something.

Reckons he got the holeshot all the time on that bike.

Well the threads kinda about 200 EXC's and you've mentioned dunes....

My mate used to ride a 200 on the dunes. They captured a great picture of him busting big air on that bike.

One of the worst years too, from what everyone bitches about 01 or 02 or something.

Reckons he got the holeshot all the time on that bike.

No doubt it would be fun in the dunes, a lot of bikes are.

In fact if i were the OP I'd go make an extended swingarm for the dunes, just cause.

I still think a gsxr or cbr motor in dirtbike frame (i know, lots of fabrication) then extended swingarm would be monstrous in dunes..... I'd love to try it

No doubt it would be fun in the dunes, a lot of bikes are.

In fact if i were the OP I'd go make an extended swingarm for the dunes, just cause.

I still think a gsxr or cbr motor in dirtbike frame (i know, lots of fabrication) then extended swingarm would be monstrous in dunes..... I'd love to try it

Well he's going to have to, because I couldnt find one, all the threads I read came back to "you're going to have to get one made, "so and so" does good work here's his email address"

Never ridden dunes, just cut up sand washes.

Well he's going to have to, because I couldnt find one, all the threads I read came back to "you're going to have to get one made, "so and so" does good work here's his email address"

Never ridden dunes, just cut up sand washes.

I don't think there's even a company that makes extended swingarms

And me either, but NE sand pits are like dunes, just patchy and small, probably one of the most irritating annoying places to ride in general

Hill climb it stock the bike is good at it. I do steep rock hills with foot tall ledges on mine. the question is the rider any good? Ill even post a vid here to prove it when my camera gets here