Sign in to follow this  

Brake fluid in my motor?

Ok I have a 2013 exc 500. I have a rekluse in it and the slave blew its seals dumping all my clutch (brake) fluid into the motor. The motor wasn't running and never ran when I had the fluid in it. I drain the oil out filled it back up with some cheap oil kicked it over a few times and then re drained it and put new amsoil into it. Is there anything else I need to do like replace seals or anything like that?

You should be right with what you have done. The brake fluid would have been a very small amount in caparison to the engine oil.

Brake fluid is just a mineral oil, the chief problem is the moisture it absorbs from the air. You flushed it out, and probably should change the oil again after a ride, but there shouldn't be any problems. And since the engine never ran with the fluid in it, there shouldn't be any issues with seal swelling.

Never had a rekluse, but is this the stock clutch slave that blew or something that comes with the rekluse?

My slave cylinder is stock. Tore it all apart, and it is my big end bearing. Didn't feel the clutch going out, just started hearing the knock. Everything else looks great!!

• how many miles on the bike for big end bearing,brake fluid can make seals swell old school trick for motors and trannys.You should be fine if changed it out a few times