Sign in to follow this  

must be getting close?

my old 05x has seen better days and has been sitting in the corner waiting to be replaced by the "new" 450x... any news on the 2015 model. surely that oversupply is coming to an end....getting very tired of waiting especially when i see ktm husky yami bergs everywhere but not much red...

The Adventure bike will come out first, as it is the only market Honda has not addressed, that is growing.

That's optimistic. Honda strikes me as conservative. I've been waiting for the XR650L to get  a facelift since '94. Bike remains unchanged.

RZ Rob

That's optimistic. Honda strikes me as conservative. I've been waiting for the XR650L to get  a facelift since '94. Bike remains unchanged.

RZ Rob

The  XR650L is not an Adventure bike.

It is a Dual sport Trial bike.

Honda has patented a design, Copyrighted a name, and have test marketed (2) Adventure bikes.

One is selling in Europe (CRF450X-D), as a kit to be added to the CRF 450X. They are sold out till 2015 we are told.

The other is still in 'secret' mode, but will be a 1000cc twin, with a all new to the model frame and suspension.

It is to be revealed in 2015, but not sold till 2016.

This is not rumor, it is fact.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1083444-crf-1000-africa-twin/

In case you haven't noticed, Honda only updates bike that are in a competitive market place.

There is no competition for the XR650L. It is the best bike in it's class. It's the only Dual sport in it's price range that you can take off road at speed, and not die.

There is no market for a 'KTM-type' XR.  Honda will not build anything so fragile, so evil handling, so difficult to repair motorcycle, ever.

Honda will NEVER build a motor with an aluminum shift drum or triple clamps the break, or a motor that will self destruct if a shift fork gets bent.

Lower weight is not as important as long-lasting quality and it's reputation, to Honda.

Honda build bikes that can crash, even end over end at speed, and still survive.

Honda will only build a bike that will last, and can be rebuilt, for ever.

Try and buy replacement transmission parts for a GasGas, Sherco, TM, VOR, Beta, HM, or even KTM, past 2003...........

Edited by TheKoolAidMadeMeSick
  • Like 2

a good adventure bike would be the xr650 motor they turned into the 700 in the quad, then drop it into the 450x frame....easy...crf700x....i'd buy one........

• Like 1

I dont think RZrob was implying that the XR650L is an adventure bike, 1994 to 2014 is a long time between updates though

Back to the CRF450X, It would be nice to at least see some basic updates or "refinements" soon, Maybe suspension, Larger front disc (like my 270mm) & some cosmetic/plastic updates, This could all be done on the current frame etc & all these refinements would be great if they bolted on our older model 450X's :thumbsup:

Some limited edition HRC or similar with some real mods would be great to see available standard, Or even a factory supermoto version like the DRZ

mmmmm a CRF700X, That sounds like fun

Honda build bikes that can crash, even end over end at speed, and still survive.

I can definitely attest to that. :(

I've owned a few Aprilias including an SXV550. I know all about impractical too. :facepalm:

RZ Rob