Sign in to follow this  

450 2014 clutch spings

My new 450's clutch (stock) has some slippage under full load.

Since Hinson springs are expensive and are not much stiffer, but maintain tension better at high temps, does anyone know if springs from my 2012 4-spring setup will fit?

I assume these are stiffer and I could divide 3 Pcs. 2012 springs evenly with 3 Pcs. 2014 stock springs?

Other suggestions are welcome also. Thanks.

My new 450's clutch (stock) has some slippage under full load.

Since Hinson springs are expensive and are not much stiffer, but maintain tension better at high temps, does anyone know if springs from my 2012 4-spring setup will fit?

I assume these are stiffer and I could divide 3 Pcs. 2012 springs evenly with 3 Pcs. 2014 stock springs?

Other suggestions are welcome also. Thanks.

Yes you can, the 14 springs are softer as the 12's are stiffer so go soft spring stiff spring soft spring and so on.

That is the setup I'm using in my 14 currently, not quite as good as PC or Hinson springs but much better than stock.

I did just that, but I thought the clutch got to hard to pull, so I installed Prox springs wich are supposed to be 10% stiffer instead.

I think their not stiff enough to keep clutch from slipping though.

Is it still possible to "feed" the clutch in corners with your setup?

The 2014 clutch has stiffer springs than the 2013 and they do a pretty good job of resisting slip unless you're riding a very high-powered bike and using the clutch a lot. What oil are you using? Improper oil can ruin your clutch in very short order.

Edited by Eddie8v