Sign in to follow this  

What jacket do you wear on the street?

Hey guys I wanted some input on some perforated leather jackets for street. I have been looking at the Alpinestars GP Plus R. I am just afraid that it is going to be to aggressive for SM. I wanted to hear what you guys are wearing or any other options.

Hey guys I wanted some input on some perforated leather jackets for street. I have been looking at the Alpinestars GP Plus R. I am just afraid that it is going to be to aggressive for SM. I wanted to hear what you guys are wearing or any other options.

Its not leather but IMO perfect for a sumo, i got the Icon Hooligan textile jacket from the TT store and i love it.

Its not leather but IMO perfect for a sumo, i got the Icon Hooligan textile jacket from the TT store and i love it.

Thanks for the input. I have a textile already but if I were to buy a new one I would definitely buy the Hooligan.

I wear an Icon leather jacket it's perforated under the arms to allow ventilation. . Look into Cycle gears house brand Sidici , the Sedici gear carries a lifetime warranty . Some say the quality is better than the A star . I bought their leather track pants while they were on sale over the winter . Paid. $200 with a lifetime warranty . No issues at all with them . I would prefer that they didn't have the brand printed on the leg. Not a fan of Free advertising . But for $200 vs a pair of comparable A stars at $475 . Also look into Coretech brand jackets . I hear allot of good things about the quality of their gear. I want a pair of their gauntlet style gloves for the street. They are a bargain at around $80.

Sent from my iPhone using Thumper Talk mobile app

• Like 2

I wear an Icon leather jacket it's perforated under the arms to allow ventilation. . Look into Cycle gears house brand Sidici , the Sedici gear carries a lifetime warranty . Some say the quality is better than the A star . I bought their leather track pants while they were on sale over the winter . Paid. $200 with a lifetime warranty . No issues at all with them . I would prefer that they didn't have the brand printed on the leg. Not a fan of Free advertising . But for $200 vs a pair of comparable A stars at $475 . Also look into Coretech brand jackets . I hear allot of good things about the quality of their gear. I want a pair of their gauntlet style gloves for the street. They are a bargain at around $80.

Thanks bud I will look at them for sure.

I wear a Tourmaster Intake Air 3 (cheap and cheerful)

3 layers (outer mesh armored shell, rain/windproof liner and warmth liner).

This is my commuting jacket. Zips together with other Tourmaster pants.

tourmaster_intake_air3_jacket_detail.jpg

For hooligan rides in the summer, it's MX armor and gear.

Shift.....would send a pic but computer is jacked-up.

• Like 1

Cortech Latigo perf leather jacket cortech_latigo_suit_black_detail_2_600.j

I really like that! I have been looking into the Cortech jackets and they have really good reviews.

Shift.....would send a pic but computer is jacked-up.

I had a Shift leather when I had my GSXR 750 and loved it. I didn't know they still made jackets. Something else to consider....

• Like 1

Thanks bud I will look at them for sure.[/quote

Oh it's Cortech by the way. Sp

icon is junk..beware..watch these 2 crash vids..of how destroyed they get..

ive wrecked with super cheap Bilt gear from cycle gear, and it never even ripped

both crashes on sumos

..ive crashed in my Bilt textile, and my alpinestars textile..no damage at all!!

heres another reason i stopped wearing icon gloves and jackets..i love there boots tho

CAM00172_zps86159ad2.jpg

CAM00175_zps7fb8689b.jpg

i own these 3..

http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/Street/Jackets/Textile/brand/ALPINESTARS/T-AST-Air-Mesh-Motorcycle-Jacket/p/44067_200897_2

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/56015/i/teknic-apex-leather-jacket

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-spectrum-jacket

i really really really love all 3..

Edited by 707LAKE
  • Like 1

icon is junk..beware..watch these 2 crash vids..of how destroyed they get..

ive wrecked with super cheap Bilt gear from cycle gear, and it never even ripped

both crashes on sumos

..ive crashed in my Bilt textile, and my alpinestars textile..no damage at all!!

heres another reason i stopped wearing icon gloves and jackets..i love there boots tho

CAM00172_zps86159ad2.jpg

CAM00175_zps7fb8689b.jpg

So thats where the "Muh I cant breathe" at the end of peoples videos comes from. And Wow..... Does anyone want to buy a used Icon Textile Jacket? Lol. I think when i get money i might be investing in a new jacket.
  • Like 1

I have the Alpinestars GP Plus R Jacket and i love it. I dont think its too aggressive for supermoto at all. Supermoto is a pretty aggressive motorsport.

Exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks

• Like 1

So I have narrowed to the A-Stars or the Cortech. Just can't make up my mind yet but keep them coming guys love the input.

I really like that! I have been looking into the Cortech jackets and they have really good reviews.

It's a great jacket, I like it... Thick perforated leather, some textile across chest and on inside of sleeves, built-in armor and zip-out vest. Picked it up on clearance for $160 a few years ago. Don't know if it's discontinued....

I had a Shift leather when I had my GSXR 750 and loved it. I didn't know they still made jackets. Something else to consider....

I don't know if Shift still makes them either, the Speed and Strength jackets look good though.

Sorry for the slow response, my computer is running very slow.  It may be unusable soon.  :smashpc:

Edited by billdirt1