Sign in to follow this  

Nice shoes

the bars ripped the jacket. haha. that guy has no sliders, case savers and no protective gear. that place isnt on the way to anything really. its somewhere you go specifically to ride. what a dummy...

• Like 2

I prefer flip-flops.....Just kidding, I wear my MX boots along with ALL my gear every time I ride.  :naughty:

Edited by billdirt1
  • Like 1

I'm trying to understand why that corner makes everyone crash.

• Like 2

That's why I don't wear textile jackets

Textile mesh. Important distinction. It's also Icon which is a brand known more for style than safety.

Usually due to rider error or worn/bad tires (i.e. not sticky enough). In this case, it was the former.

Surprisngly the bike looked pretty good,  could not see any damage,   there is a thread on ADV forum about that one specific turn and so many go down there,  i also do not know why.

Looks like his foot caught the ground dragging his foot back and throwing out the back end.

The tires were definitely not doing their job.

• Like 2

I prefer flip-flops.....Just kidding, I wear my MX boots along with ALL my gear every time I ride.  :naughty:

Living in Hawaii it's amazing how many guys I see doing this, along with a t-shirt, shorts, and no helmet.

• Like 1

Yeah , you could see that fall shook that fellow up , not greatly ..but it did .

It shows you just how tough the world class Road Racers are , Sure .. They wear World Class gear . But Man , they Hit the deck HARD :cripple: , those High Sides are Brutal . Yet they get up and do it again ..

• Like 1

Old asphalt polished smooth and slightly off camber exit.  Very deceptive to the novice, predominantly clay / sand soil.  Very sporty when wet.

It usually takes an accident or 2  to make some guys realize that need to be dressed more appropriately......

When O'L Mates foot touches the deck it pushes the shoe rearward pushing on the swingarm, just enough to reduce the rear tyre grip on the road surface

There could be other factors such as "shit" tyres or poor road surface ...

Edited by Craigo 485sm
  • Like 1

Textile mesh. Important distinction. It's also Icon which is a brand known more for style than safety.

which is funny because they sell icon on base and pretty much no other brand..

Something is up with that road. They set up cameras there knowing exactly where people are gonna crash. It's always the same spots

• Like 1

Usually due to rider error or worn/bad tires (i.e. not sticky enough). In this case, it was the former.

decreasing radius turn- it gets a lot of people no matter what tires they have. 

Something is up with that road. They set up cameras there knowing exactly where people are gonna crash. It's always the same spots

the road is ... inanimate 

it's the riders/drivers that aren't prepared for the turn. 

• Like 1

which is funny because they sell icon on base and pretty much no other brand..

If the military was really concerned about safety they wouldn't allow you to wear half helmets and long sleeve t-shirts. But if they did that all the crusty old sergeants major on Harleys would be bitching up a storm.

Also Icon makes shit that has UCP all over it. You've gotta reinforce that "soldier first, person second" groupthink when you're selling stuff in the post.

Edited by overgrownmoose
  • Like 1

If the military was really concerned about safety they wouldn't allow you to wear half helmets and long sleeve t-shirts. But if they did that all the crusty old sergeants major on Harleys would be bitching up a storm.

But yet somehow they think a reflective belt will keep me safe..

But yet somehow they think a reflective belt will keep me safe..

Well that's been proven. PT belts effectively function as everything from body armor to contraception. They even took that requirement away army wide now and leave it up to the individual post commanders to decide.