Nice shoes

Well that's been proven. PT belts effectively function as everything from body armor to contraception. They even took that requirement away army wide now and leave it up to the individual post commanders to decide.

and the fools here brought it back. We have to have reflective stuff again. They stopped everyone from riding for a couple weeks because a few people were caught without it. Even though I never stopped wearing it. I hate mass punishment...
  • Like 1

Something is up with that road. They set up cameras there knowing exactly where people are gonna crash. It's always the same spots

They set cameras up there to sell photos to people who ride "The Snake" same as they do to people who ride "The Dragon."

Most people do not crash at that corner, there's just a camera handy for the idiots who do.

Quality textiles will protect you in a crash. That Icon jacket wasn't what most would call "quality textile."

They set cameras up there to sell photos to people who ride "The Snake" same as they do to people who ride "The Dragon."

Most people do not crash at that corner, there's just a camera handy for the idiots who do.

Quality textiles will protect you in a crash. That Icon jacket wasn't what most would call "quality textile."

Really? cause seems like that youtube channel is dedicated to catching crashes in these same spots. I think these spots are well known for catching crashes.

I don't doubt they sell pics or video for people riding the snake though. I get what you're saying

Really? cause seems like that youtube channel is dedicated to catching crashes in these same spots. I think these spots are well known for catching crashes.

I don't doubt they sell pics or video for people riding the snake though. I get what you're saying

Check it out: www.rockstorephotos.com

Same as Killboy does on the Dragon.

The video cameras are just cuz.....crashes look cool on the web and big celebs drive up there all the time (Jay Leno for example).

I went down once with full Textile Fieldsheer gear @ 60mph on my Ninja no road rash and it held up just fine...Yes, it hurt but I was up and nothing broken sprained wrist and ankle. I still use the pants off road and sometimes the jacket....lol

• Like 1

My wife had a wreck with a Joe Rocket mesh jacket and it saved her skin for sure. They had to cut it off of her and it was discarded so I didn't get to inspect it to closely but it didn't appear to be too bad. Most gear isn't designed to be worn again after a significant fall, it's designed to take the brunt of the damage to spare your body.

he should have had the balls of his feet on the foot peg and in tight on the bike.

+100,he has his heel hooked on the foot peg toes out,he might as well of been wearing a pair of these.

model33.jpg

• Like 1

and the fools here brought it back. We have to have reflective stuff again. They stopped everyone from riding for a couple weeks because a few people were caught without it. Even though I never stopped wearing it. I hate mass punishment...

I was just at the Sub Base today and didn't see one reflective vest. When I left in 2005 it was a Navy wide requirement to wear one o those construction vests over your gear. Ahhhhh mass punishment.... One of the main reasons I left the military

• Like 2

Have you ever had to write a letter to the parents that their son or daughter was killed or severely injured in a non military accident?  Do you tell them their kid was a f 'íng idiot or salve the sorrow.  Military drops big $$$ on your training and proficiency, they'd rather keep you alive.    You've had exposure to life experiences few will ever see, don't waste it. 

What killed me were the know it all state side pukes who couldn't find their ass with both hands.  The Frag didn't allow us time to study for promotion tests. 

• Like 1