Sign in to follow this  

Need help on crf cooling issue

Hey guys in need of some opinions and advice ect. So I have a 2010 crf 250r, has a big bore kit. Took it out to the track the other day and towards the end of the day I ran out of coolant! I was riding pretty hard. But when I stopped riding and giving it gas it didn't idle and just died right there and wouldn't start back up, then every time I kicked it, white gray smoke came out of exhaust. It might be blown but, has compression.From there I pushed it back and check fluids, oil level and trans oil were right on but my radiators were bone dry! Seems like the coolant was puking out the over flow periodically. Any answers or help would be great, I hope I didn't grenade it! Or might blew a head gasket? Idk my water pump operates fine and nothing is coming out of the weep hole. Seems to me the bore kit is boiling the coolant and puking it out. I didn't know I was loosing coolant either but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I want to diagnose before throwing money at it you know. thanks again

check to make sure that none of the hoses are blocked or plugged.  white/gray smoke is a sign of a blown head gasket and its burning the coolant.

You can always get oversized rads, high pressure cap, and a good quality coolant with a high boiling point.  

But first I would check to make sure no hoses are blocked or plugged, and also check your head gasket.. If you head gasket is bad, you will need to check your head and cylinder for warpage. 

This is the second thread you've started with the same question, and you got the same response. You have to replace the head gasket. I'm not trying to be rude at all; I'm trying to make the point that sometimes you have to take the motor apart and go for it. If you got back on here and said "hey, I replaced the head gasket and it's still losing coolant" then we can help you with the next step. If you need help with how to replace a head gasket look for a tutorial on top end replacement. Good luck with it

Sorry bro I think this is the thread that I posted in the other section before the other one. But yeah any way I haven't had the time to pull it apart yet but I did pull the plug its wet black and no spark. I have a head gasket and new plug but need to check out everything first