Clutch basket machining?

I have an uncle that's a machinist so he can do lots. My clutch basket is done because it has sharp teeth on it so I was wondering of he can machine it?

If ya ain't mixin' gas, you ain't haulin' ass

You mean its notched?

Ouch. How bad is the basket?

Reason I ask, is yes you can smooth out a basket a little, but if the tolerances get too great it will break easy. So from the pic of the disk.

I'd check the tolerance with a new disk and decide if you can take any off.

probably, more than likely, its shot.

Ouch. How bad is the basket?

Reason I ask, is yes you can smooth out a basket a little, but if the tolerances get too great it will break easy. So from the pic of the disk.

I'd check the tolerance with a new disk and decide if you can take any off.

probably, more than likely, its shot.

It has teeth like a sprocket

I would get a barnett outer, oem inner and tusk frictions, your steels may possibly be ok. should be able to stay under 400$ easy. check ebay for oem inners, i just got one for $40 for my cr250

Another vote for the Barnett basket, I put one in my KX250. You'll never have to replace it again, and the stainless inserts actually make the clutch pull smoother and easier.

How much, and would they make one for a 1992 cr125?

They run about $250. The oldest CR125 that they list them for is 2000 but that doesn't mean it won't fit. Someone that's more familiar with parts interchangeability between different year model CRs could probably say if it would or not.

• Like 1

They run about $250. The oldest CR125 that they list them for is 2000 but that doesn't mean it won't fit. Someone that's more familiar with parts interchangeability between different year model CRs could probably say if it would or not.

I think the basket only goes to 1999

>.

I think the basket only goes to 1999

>.

It still may work, Parts numbers get changed due to minor changes sometimes.  But as I said I'm not familiar enough with parts interchangeability between year models of Hondas like I am with Kawasakis. You're better off asking the regulars in the Honda Two-Stroke forum.

Edited by Chokey
  • Like 1