Sign in to follow this  

DRC Edge Tail Light Kit Question after Install

so installed the kit and it works perfect. Now that the old tail light is gone I'm left with 2 tabs on each side where the old light use to bolt onto the tail. Do you guys just take a dremel with a plastic cutting disc and remove it? I'm also thinking of taking a dremel to the helmet lock bracket too... wondering if I'm crazy or is that what people usually do

IMG_20140526_163238_zpsvtzitrhp.jpg

I used side cutters. I have seen people use a cutting wheel on an angle grinder to remove helmet lock.

Doesn't hurt to leave them on unless you hate the look.

• Like 1

thanks guys just wanted to confirm people cut them off. The helmet lock bracket is getting cut off too. I think it looks way better with everything removed. Probably not the best idea for re-sale value lol but I'm never selling it! never!

I'm never selling it! never!

LOL...until next year when they release a fuel injected 450 version :D

Totally gonna happen lol

Keep them for the next dude to take off unless you absolutely cannot stand them. All of my mods thus far can be returned to stock with little effort; except for the 3x3 mod.

I would keep them on the outside chance that you sell it] so you get a little more money.  When I buy bikes, I would be very wary of parts that were cut off.  That's just me though.

so installed the kit and it works perfect. Now that the old tail light is gone I'm left with 2 tabs on each side where the old light use to bolt onto the tail. Do you guys just take a dremel with a plastic cutting disc and remove it? I'm also thinking of taking a dremel to the helmet lock bracket too... wondering if I'm crazy or is that what people usually do

IMG_20140526_163238_zpsvtzitrhp.jpg

Your license tag bolts that are  2-3 times longer than necessary looks more hokey than the tabs on the subframe. :doh:  

• Like 2

My bike is less than a month old and I hacked those suckers off as soon as I installed the DRC tail. I'm gonna cut off the helmet lock too. Resale won't be affected by these mods IMO.

• Like 1

It better be 6 speed too ;)

Yeah, forgot that bit :D

Sent from my iPhone using Thumper Talk

The end result

IMG_20140527_141554_zpsqbyhylvt.jpg

IMG_20140527_141534_zpsk7tbkxkv.jpg

IMG_20140527_141605_zpsxarbfisc.jpg

Looks pretty clean with the helmet lock bracket gone. I'm using mini smoked LED turn signals. They're only 1" long and pretty bright. I love this kit

Your license tag bolts that are 2-3 times longer than necessary looks more hokey than the tabs on the subframe. :doh:

Fixed that for ya lol

IMG_20140527_135648_zpsp33mye8z.jpg

My bike is less than a month old and I hacked those suckers off as soon as I installed the DRC tail. I'm gonna cut off the helmet lock too. Resale won't be affected by these mods IMO.

I actually tried to use that helmet lock once to hold my helmet while went into a store. All I ended up doing was scratching up my helmet and still ended up having to carry it into the store. It might hold a half helmet ok, but otherwise its useless.

The end result

IMG_20140527_141554_zpsqbyhylvt.jpg

IMG_20140527_141534_zpsk7tbkxkv.jpg

IMG_20140527_141605_zpsxarbfisc.jpg

Looks pretty clean with the helmet lock bracket gone. I'm using mini smoked LED turn signals. They're only 1" long and pretty bright. I love this kit

What brand signals are those??