Sign in to follow this  

Gotta split cases, recommend some upgrades

As you all know, I fubar'ed my bike doing scavenge pump screen cleaning.  Look it up.  So, if I split yee old cases, may as well build it up.  Throw some suggestions out as far as bottom and top end go. May as well go beast mode if I do this....or will a 13' or 14' new engine slap right in with no tuning issues??

Depends what you want to do. For me the bike is already stupid fast and I can't use all the power that thing lays down. Just me, but I would replace with OEM and get it back together. There's not much the average guy is going to do to get more power than a HC piston, remap it or change the cams out.

It's your $$, it's just my opinion, maybe someone else will chime in.

• Like 1

Yeah, was thinking the same thing.  But the "since" it's tore down moment is getting me.

I just did a wiseco hc piston, wiseco cams, and tokyo mods remapped my ecu. Crazy fast now, biggest grin ever!! :) It's my dune bike, might be too much for trails lol but I'll still do it

I just did a wiseco hc piston, wiseco cams, and tokyo mods remapped my ecu. Crazy fast now, biggest grin ever!! :) It's my dune bike, might be too much for trails lol but I'll still do it

I'm thinking about doing the same right now and putting a HC piston, some cams with a remap. My 13' has quite a few dune hours on it now. What was the turn around from Tokyo mods?

I'm thinking about doing the same right now and putting a HC piston, some cams with a remap. My 13' has quite a few dune hours on it now. What was the turn around from Tokyo mods?

Tokyomods had it for about 2 business days. So that plus shipping to and from. Ended up being about $115.

Keep it stock and keep the parts oem. When you rebuild it lets say it is not running good and you did a bunch of mods to it. Is it a problem with the rebuild or a problem with the mods that are causing it problems. Years ago me and a friend used to race stand up jet skis. he tore down a perfectly good running 750sx and milled the head. It ran like crap, so he tore it down again and ported the head. Still ran like crap. He kept tearing it down over and over again trying to throw more aftermarket parts at it but never could get it to run again. Everything I have owned from jet skis to bikes have remained stock except for suspension mods and the reliability factor is worth its weight in gold.

Have your tranny treated. at least the shift forks, shift drum and the first 3 gears, or just do the whole thing. This goes a long way to fixing all the issues with kawi trannys, not just the shifting. Maybe some clutch build too. Other than that I would maybe do HC piston but definitely a set of cams for your style of riding.