Sign in to follow this  

250exc fuel problems

I have a 2000 250exc  brand new rebuild  4 hours on it.  Before the rebuild it used about a half more gallon of fuel and sprays oil all over my clothes while riding. my 2002 250exc does not do that.  I rebuilt the entire engine and its even using more fuel and and still sprays oil out the pipe and all move me and my fender.  While its running you can see the fuel/oil moving around at the end of pipe.   The carb has factory jetting and settings and i run the bike at 44:1 with amsoil interceptor oil. (also did this with klutz)   I ride the bike on the road, pavement  but a lot of dirt roads also.  My buddy has a 08 250xc 2 stroke and you can stick your finger down is pipe and not touch oil or fuel.  Any input would be great  

Are you using the proper spark plug, proper heat range?

Have you tried swapping in the carb from your 2002? Do both carbs have the same jetting?

Has the muffler packing ever been replaced?

Have you actually confirmed the jetting is factory stock?

Are you using the proper spark plug, proper heat range?

Have you tried swapping in the carb from your 2002? Do both carbs have the same jetting?

Has the muffler packing ever been replaced?

Have you actually confirmed the jetting is factory stock?

PACKING HAS BEEN CHANGED  RUNNING PLUG THAT IT CALLS FOR AND THE 02 HAS THE SAME PLUG.   I DID CONFIRM THE JETTING IS FACTORY BY THE FACTORY BOOK.   I HAVE NOT CHECKED THE JETTING IN THE OTHER BIKE YET.