Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400SM Street legal in Ontario?

Im looking to buy a supermoto/dual sport as a first bike Im curious if the drz400sm is still street legal in Ontario?

Yup totally insurable and road legal. Watch out for that insurance though it's crazy expensive. I lived in a little town in Ontario and PLPD was around 1500$ a season.

yep it is, im 19 and my insurance is $2400/yr on a 05 drz400S.......... aka RAPE

What other type of dual sport bikes are street legal? I thought I heard something about the law changing regarding them?

1500 to 2500 a year. what do you guys have to pay on a car ?

Lmao to much, I was paying when I lived in Ontario  3200$ for my civic, 2000$ for my Mazda B4 and 1500$ for my  SM All owned and minimal coverage.

Moved to Alberta I now pay 430$ for my SM, 600$ for my Accord and 1700$ for my new F150. ALL FULL COVERAGE. trucks way more due to it being financed " at least thats what they tell me"

A little food for thought though Ontario's population 13,537,994. Alberta's population 4,082,600

Should add I'm 23 with a clean record 

Edited by bin

Ontario here too, Im 24 and pay around $800 year for the DRZ full coverage, and 1200/year for my car. Not bad for "Onterrible" rates... hahha Should drop more once I hit 25

Dude, if it comes from the factory as street legal, meaning it has lights and signals, then it's street legal. If it doesn't have lights and turn signals, meaning it's off road only, then you cannot convert it to street legal.

I Live in the heart of the city (Toronto, ON)... meaning high accident rates.... lets not begin with car insurance.. :/ lol

I live in Ontario, pay $650/year for full coverage on my 2011S model through State Farm.

Went with the DRZ cause it's the best bang for the buck, and more reliable than other DS models. No regrets here....