Sign in to follow this  

Fuel filter on a 2-stroke?

Would it be reasonable to put a fuel filter onto a 2-stroke or would the filter get gummed up to quickly?

Theres a fuel screen above the petcock in the.tank.

A secondary filter is decent insurance, but not really necessary unless the oem filter has a problem.

No, it wont get gummed up with 2 stroke fuel.

Edited by jeffdanger
  • Like 3

My 200 has an (aftermarket) inline fuel filter. It doesnt get gummed up and is good insurance. It's only a couple of bucks so I would do it.

• Like 1

I have had one on my trials bike for about a decade running 50:1 and never had a problem with oil. Has caught a lot of stuff though.

• Like 1

I run one.I just replaced it for the new owner to be. I looked into the old one and there was some crud.

1401196300669.jpg

• Like 1

I run one, but it never seems to get any stuff in it.  It is a potential weak link where a leak can happen.  It might be more prudent to put a screen inside your filler cap.

• Like 1

NO! It is not safe. Lawn mowers can run it but a high compression, high performance race bike needs more octane to keep it from knocking. I've ran 89 once in a 450 and wasn't a good idea. Your manual says 93 or better that's what it means. You will have detonation if you run that. Very risky.

NO! It is not safe. Lawn mowers can run it but a high compression, high performance race bike needs more octane to keep it from knocking. I've ran 89 once in a 450 and wasn't a good idea. Your manual says 93 or better that's what it means. You will have detonation if you run that. Very risky.

Fuel filters lower octane rating?

• Like 8

I drain it from the filter and put it in my pie recipe

I wouldn't do that unless its caster oil,then it would still give you the runs.

I'd use it to shine my bling make it mo blingier.

• Like 4

I wouldn't do that unless its caster oil,then it would still give you the runs.

I'd use it to shine my bling make it mo blingier.

I use it to clean the outside cover around the fuel filter

You guys just want to put a fuel filter just for the sake of doing some and any kind of "add-on" to your bike.

When will the madness end!  Maybe you all should hang a wicker basket on your handle bar too...... just for the sake of having "add-on's".  Geez.

I've had fuel filters take the oil out of the gas

>.

Another day on thumpertalk

• Like 10

Fuel filters lower octane rating?

I actually commented on a different thread that asked if you could run 90 octane in a 2 stroke but it sent it here. Weird sorry.

• Like 2

I actually commented on a different thread that asked if you could run 90 octane in a 2 stroke but it sent it here. Weird sorry.

whatever lol. Sometimes i quote a post on my phone and instead of the one clicked it's a random post from some random point in the thumperverse..... weird as hell