Sign in to follow this  

Value question

So I have been looking for a 450 mx bike. I have been doing a bit of looking on Craig's I have a 2007 crf250r that I have been trying to trade or part trade.image.jpg

Not to my surprise I have been flooded with obscene offers of old run down bikes. It seems that a run down 04 450 is worth more than my immaculate 07 250 based simply on displacement. I even had a guy tell me that his 04 was worth way more because it still had the original motor and mine was rebuilt. I mean seriously?! What the heck do people smoke? I guess I could limp a bike along for ten years if a. I never rode it. Or b. never got above 4k rpm.

So after all that bitching, I do actually have a question.

Obviously most people value their bikes above its actual value. I need help putting a realistic value on mine.

Its a 2007 crf250r. 15 hours on new hotrods crank. All new oem bearings. New wiseco high comp piston. Ss kibblewhite valves. its ported. Has Full pro circuit exhaust. New clutch. Suspension just rebuilt. You can see the physical condition.

Per the kbb. The trade in value is 1840 and retail is 2890. My local honda dealer offered me 2000 for trade in after doing a in depth inspection if that tells you anything of the condition.

So I have been looking for a 450 mx bike. I have been doing a bit of looking on Craig's I have a 2007 crf250r that I have been trying to trade or part trade.image.jpg

Not to my surprise I have been flooded with obscene offers of old run down bikes. It seems that a run down 04 450 is worth more than my immaculate 07 250 based simply on displacement. I even had a guy tell me that his 04 was worth way more because it still had the original motor and mine was rebuilt. I mean seriously?! What the heck do people smoke? I guess I could limp a bike along for ten years if a. I never rode it. Or b. never got above 4k rpm.

Obviously most people value their bikes above its actual value. I need help putting a realistic value on mine.

Its a 2007 crf250r. 15 hours on new hotrods crank. All new oem bearings. New wiseco high comp piston. Ss kibblewhite valves. its ported. Has Full pro circuit exhaust. New clutch. Suspension just rebuilt. You can see the physical condition.

Per the kbb. The trade in value is 1840 and retail is 2890. My local honda dealer offered me 2000 for trade in after doing a in depth inspection if that tells you anything of the condition.

So I have been looking for a 450 mx bike. I have been doing a bit of looking on Craig's I have a 2007 crf250r that I have been trying to trade or part trade.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

couple questions,

1- what are you wanting to get?

2- what price have you listed it for previously?

So I have been looking for a 450 mx bike. I have been doing a bit of looking on Craig's I have a 2007 crf250r that I have been trying to trade or part trade.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I don't know what your bike is worth, but from the figures you provided I'd ask around $2700 and accept around $2500. If you are trading, you have to start with the same figures, for example retail, then adjust for each bike condition. Extra's aren't worth a whole lot usually, though they sometimes are to me.

Mike

couple questions,

Damn Crack, beat me again.

Mike

• Like 2

couple questions,

well what I would like Is a 2013-14 crf450r ;) but what I think is realistic is a crf450r or a yz450f the same year that is a little rough around the edges or a year or two older in great shape

People on craigslist don't care about the possibility of offending someone, they just think "the worst they can do is say no". Somebody offered me $1000 for my 2010 KTM 250f. I am selling my truck for $8000 on craigslist and some guy wanted to trade his 05 f150 with my 06 z71 with the condition that i take up payments on his truck. He owed $6900 on it. There just isnt enough bad words in the world for these kind of people. It makes it a real pain in the butt to sell anything on craigslist.

To the right person, your bike is worth $3,000. Clean bike by the way. You will probably have a better chance of selling it at $2500 or so. There isn't much of a market for MX bikes these days, at least in MS. My 250f has been for sale for over a year at $3250 and nobody has been remotely interested. It's a clean bike too.

• Like 1

$2000 is a air deal.  But yes, I do agree with that seller who says his motor hasn't been rebuilt yet......... I don't like people molesting motors doing unecessary rebuilds all the time.

$2000 is a air deal.  But yes, I do agree with that seller who says his motor hasn't been rebuilt yet......... I don't like people molesting motors doing unecessary rebuilds all the time.

Good for 100,000k right?

Mike

• Like 1

Go away

• Like 2

well what I would like Is a 2013-14 crf450r ;) but what I think is realistic is a crf450r or a yz450f the same year that is a little rough around the edges or a year or two older in great shape

First of all figure out exactly what you want.

I would not go down on year, secondary pull down the I want to trade add.

This only invites rednecks with some 1980 3 wheeler!

Set a price high if using craigslist. Ask $3500.00

They are going to beat you down to full retail at least.

If you trade at dealer demand $2400.00 trade.

Because if it has addons they will surely sell it higher than retail.

Jmho.

Keep in mind all bikes on cl are supposedly freshly rebuilt. Means nothing without receipts.

Always get a title.

A guy I talked to this weekend, his neighbor had a quad stolen, he advertised it on cl. A guy called let him come get it with the sheriff, he didn't want no problem, he just bought it then saw the add. So sheriff runs vin and confiscated the quad. Seems it was previously stolen before the owner bought it with no title!

lmbo both got screwed.

How you like that.

Don't be that guy!

I have not really listed a cash value. Just been trying to trade. But the figures given above are fairly accurate.

Why would someone else want to trade down, except under unique circumstances? Or they are trying to unload a POS? Probably better to sell and buy.

Mike

• Like 2

air deal? You honestly would buy a ten year old bike that has untold hundreds of hours on the original piston, valves, crank, and every other critical item over a newer, cleaner bike with an entirely new motor?

767084cc3c335680fb4665f2246862c6bbd96c76

• Like 1

air deal? You honestly would buy a ten year old bike that has untold hundreds of hours on the original piston, valves, crank, and every other critical item over a newer, cleaner bike with an entirely new motor?

Don't pay attention to him. He's a troll. Look at some of the threads he has started.

Why would someone else want to trade down, except under unique circumstances? Or they are trying to unload a POS? Probably better to sell and buy.Mike

well me thought was that in the past I have had friends get unheard of deals on 450 because the owner got the brown stuff scared out of him and decided to go back to a smaller bike

well me thought was that in the past I have had friends get unheard of deals on 450 because the owner got the brown stuff scared out of him and decided to go back to a smaller bike

Sorry, can't relate, never heard of this disease. More power good!

Mike

• Like 1