Sign in to follow this  

RMZ250 timing chain?

My 2013 rmz 250 is clicking could it be the timing chain or could my valves need realigned I think it could be this but what else could it be? Thanks.

My 2013 rmz 250 is clicking could it be the timing chain or could my valves need realigned I think it could be this but what else could it be? Thanks.

????

Tear it down and check.

• Like 1

Yes, realign your valves, shim your clutch rod, and grease the piston crank. Don't forget to pack the muffler bearings and service the flux capacitor as well.

Seriously, check your valves they probably need adjusting or may be completely worn out. What year RMZ 250? I had an 06 that was a complete turd

• Like 2

Could Be many things

Don't ride it if you are unsure what it is , seek professional advice .

This. either tear it down or have some one do it.

Under what conditions is it making a clicking noise? Low idle? That's the decompression weight and normal in most 4 strokes.

You obviously need to check valves at this point, I'm sure the piston is well overdue also.

Thanks it's a 2013 with 3 hours on it I went riding with a buddy that has a 450 and tryed to keep up haha I'm still trying to find the problem thanks