BC's toughest extreme single track riding area...

I made a thread last year in the regional section not thinking that it should have gone here instead. This area is called Blue Mountain / McNutt BC and is arguably one of the toughest extreme single track areas in western Canada. Definitely one of the coolest places to ride. I will start posting directly into this thread in the future but for now here is a link to the other thread.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1071167-mcnutt-blue-mountain-pics-and-vids-post-em-up-here/?p=11399007

A short video to get it started:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9FBkBIVeuQ

Edited by Pittbull
  • Like 13

What's the red thing setting in the background?

I thought you had a berg.

• Like 1

What's the red thing setting in the background?

I thought you had a berg.

Was my old CRF450R notatrail bike that I had before coming to my senses and getting the Berg TE300. 

• Like 3

Very nice trail you have there.

Sigh, wait till you make it to Kamloops and I take you through "Pro Zone" or "Purgatory", that will look like a cakewalk compared to that.. ...

• Like 3

Sigh, wait till you make it to Kamloops and I take you through "Pro Zone" or "Purgatory", that will look like a cakewalk compared to that.. ...

Well I did say arguably.....so that kinda leaves it open for discussion now doesn't it!  :D

I actual am looking forward to going up there one of these days and riding. Something tells me that I'll be needing a knobby tire before that trip as well. Maybe not so much for traction but so that you don't talk my ear off about how much better they are than a trials tire. :p

• Like 2

Any vids or pics anywhere? I love this kind of stuff.. This looks beautiful and fun. ..harder stuff would be great to see too.  I ran into this vid.. looks like some some great riding area! ..You guys ride any of this?

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 2

hey pitbull if I'm advanced beginner rider or so and want to take the old lady out the end of 256 riding what's a good trail area to try and find ? we did go around the pit and out some road through a dry river of boulders, hit the trials trail for a while till she got pissed about it and she jammed out at the jackknife bank at the beginning of what I thought was going to be fun.

Any vids or pics anywhere? I love this kind of stuff.. This looks beautiful and fun. ..harder stuff would be great to see too.

I'm heading out Friday with another member on here. I never did ask his skill range but from what I can remember he is a Expert rider. If that is the case I will take him up to the "Rock Garden" and test his skills before we move on to the others. They held our local race through "Pro Zone" and I do recall Chantelle Bykerk (who is the current EX Champion and races Expert) having to walk her bike through the section. I will bring my GoSlow and take some pics if we make it that far....

• Like 3

hey pitbull if I'm advanced beginner rider or so and want to take the old lady out the end of 256 riding what's a good trail area to try and find ? we did go around the pit and out some road through a dry river of boulders, hit the trials trail for a while till she got pissed about it and she jammed out at the jackknife bank at the beginning of what I thought was going to be fun.

Sorry, not much there other than what you just did. Sandman is the easiest trail there, after that you have to go up Switchblade or Pristine and I guarantee she'll hate you for that judging by your statement. If I were you I would take her out to Sylvester Road or Stave instead. Places like Nickel Mine and Chipmunk are also better suited to skills up to the intermediate level.

McNutt all starts out from Sandman and goes nuts from there other than the 256th dirt road out to the lake. You used to be able to access the upper levels of McNutt from McNutt road but I'm not sure if it is possible anymore due to the residents there. Anyway once in up top there wouldn't much easy stuff to ride before getting in over your head.