I love trying to decide on a bike

Ah well it's time to toss around some ideas. Right now I have a 12 rmz450 which I use for moto. Awesome bike for moto but I feel it's chassis is just too rigid for woods. I miss the woods and love the track too. So I live in the pacific Nw(Spokane) where single track can be about any kind of terrain. Rocks roots rocks sand rocks etc. I would love a 250f but I want to pull a timbersled in the winter. I guess it's down to getting a 450. Don't really want ktm because I had a 350sxf that I felt I had to dump a ton of money into it to get ergos comfortable for me. The 350 was trials like for me and a lot fun. Not really entertaining the kxf for what ever reason. So it's honda or Yamaha.

Honda. To me on paper the crf450 seams ideal for woods. I have heard the chassis has some give and it has a very nimble feeling. Weight is awesome. At 180lbs it might be sprung for me? I'm sure a revalve will be in order. I have no experience with air forks. The header is annoying that it hangs down to smack trail trash etc. dual pipes suck. 50-51 hp sounds nice except it doesn't rev very far and pulling a timbersled power is key. Costs: Revalve 400-500, single can exhaust 600-700. Total cost $1000-1200

Yamaha. I had an 07 which was a lot of fun and can still be a great bike today. There has been two new bikes since then and I haven't ridden either one. I have read that the yzf chassis is fairly rigid and it scares me a little for the woods. My tuner guy told me over the phone that the yzf is sprung to heavy for me, but if the suspension is anything like my 07 was I will be in heaven. Next in line for the lightest bike compared to the honda is a good thing. I like the idea of getting a tuner. Power is up big time for timbersled. Costs: Springs $200, possible revalve $400-500. Total Costs $200-700

I want a bike that I don't have to dump a ton of money to get it right. My rmz could be ridden stock. But I still spent plenty of extra money on stuff that wasn't necessary. I'm sure we are all guilty of that! One might be cheaper to set up but maybe I won't get what I'm looking for.

The rekluse core exp, skid plate, rad braces, will be going on what ever I choose.

What do you think?

I'd love a 300. If I were to do it I would get an 250sx with 300 kit. Tho I really feel at home on a moto bike. Japanese. The xc is cool and if wanted a woods bike that's what I would want. For new track guys it would work ok but I could live without 90% of xc stuff. Basically a $1000+ gas tank.